- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Trade Regulation
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services Litigation
- White Collar Defense & Corporate Investigations
- Foreclosure Law Crisis Team
- Government and Public Policy
- Government Contracts
- Intellectual Property
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 60643, New Orleans, LA, 70160-0643|
|University ||Cornell University, B.A., with distinction, 1976|
|Law School||Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 1979 Phi Kappa Phi, Order of the Coif, Phi Kappa Phi, Law Review; Harvard University, L.L.M., 1984|
|Admitted||1979, Louisiana; 1985, District of Columbia; 1992, Arizona; U.S. Court of Federal Claims|
Having practiced for several years at large law firms in Washington, D.C. and Phoenix, Arizona, Gerard Wimberly brings strong litigation experience to McGlinchey Stafford's commercial litigation section. In addition to his broad-based litigation practice, Gerard has maintained a corporate practice in which from time to time he advises corporate and business clients on the rules and regulations governing national and international business transactions so that they stay legally and ethically compliant. He has been lead or co-lead counsel in numerous cases involving government contracts law, financial fraud, and antitrust. His client base has included Fortune 100 companies as well as small, socio-economically disadvantaged businesses.
Gerard is head of the firm's government contracts practice group and co-chair of the firm's white collar defense and corporate investigations group. He has experience in all aspects of government contracts law, domestic and international, civil and criminal. Gerard has successfully handled numerous state and federal bid protests as well as contract claims. Gerard is also co-chair of the firm's Foreclosure Law Crisis Team, which focuses on defending lender clients against civil and criminal enforcement actions resulting from issues raised by reported problems with documents submitted in support of mortgage loan foreclosures.
Gerard is actively involved in the Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association serving as co-chair of the State and Local Procurement Division, and as the Louisiana State Chair. He was appointed in 2012 to a 3-year term as a member of the Section Council.
Gerard served as law clerk for Associate Justice James L. Dennis (now judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit) of the Louisiana Supreme Court from 1979-1980; and as Associate Editor of the Louisiana Law Review from 1978-1979.
· American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, Business Law Section, Criminal Law Section, Litigation Section, and Public Contracts Section (Member of Section Council, 2012-2015; 8th Annual State and Local Procurement Symposium, co-chair, 2013)
· American Law Institute, Elected Member, 2002
· Arizona State Bar Association
· District of Columbia Bar Association (Inactive)
· Federal Circuit Bar Association, Member of Board of Directors, 1995-1998
· Louisiana State Bar Association
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated Lawyer
· The Best Lawyers in America® (Commercial Litigation)
· Louisiana Super Lawyers (Business Litigation, Government Contracts)
· American Law Institute, Elected Membership, 2002
· Law Review
· Order of the Coif
· Phi Kappa Phi
· B.A. "with distinction"
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#969 in weekly profile views out of 6,187 lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|#197,503 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|