- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust Litigation & Civil Investigations
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities Litigation
- Financial Products Litigation
|University ||Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2003|
|Law School||Fordham University, School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006|
|Admitted||2007, New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York|
Gillian represents a broad range of financial institutions, investment advisors and other public and privately-held companies and their officers and directors in corporate and securities litigation and complex business litigation matters. Gillian's representations include securities class actions, derivative actions, energy and commodities litigations, antitrust actions, litigation involving structured financial products and investments, and other complex commercial litigation before various federal and state courts. Gillian also represents clients in connection with governmental inquiries and investigations.
Gillian is Vice Chair of the firm's Women's Leadership Initiative, and also serves as the Chairwoman for the Initiative's Professional Development Committee. Gillian actively participates in pro bono representation, and received a Pro Bono Publico award from the Legal Aid Society in 2009 for her outstanding pro bono service. Gillian is a member of the New York City Bar Association and the New York Women's Bar Association.
She received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Duke University and her J.D., cum laude, from Fordham Law School. At Fordham, Gillian was chairperson of Fordham's nationally ranked Dispute Resolution Society and a staff member of the International Law Journal. During law school, she interned for Judge Richard Wesley of the United States Court of Appeal for the Second Circuit. Gillian has been selected as a Rising Star by the New York Metro edition of Super Lawyers.
• An international mining company in connection with securities class actions and derivative lawsuits in federal and state court arising out of a large acquisition and decision to award a large shareholder dividend.
• A financial institution in connection with a FERC investigation and lawsuit related to alleged manipulation of commodity prices
• An investment bank in class action involving alleged manipulation of Brent crude oil
• Officers and directors of AK Steel Corporation in a shareholder derivative litigation
• A German asset manager in connection with its efforts to enforce rights and remedies arising from their respective municipal guaranteed investment contract (GIC) portfolio
• Morgan Stanley, Jefferies and Deutsche Bank in a securities class action arising out of a secondary offering
• Outside Directors of a digital production and animation company for alleged state law violations in New York and Florida
• A commodities exchange in a breach of contract action
• An investment bank in suits in various federal courts involving trustees' demands that the bank repurchase commercial loans included in securitization trusts
• Pfizer in securities and derivative litigation relating to the marketing and sale of certain drugs
• Morgan Stanley in securities class actions and derivative litigation relating to auction rate securities
• 40 companies and more than 180 individual defendants in 40 separate securities class actions that were part of the “ IPO laddering” coordinated litigation
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Appoints Attorneys to Special Counsel Nov 24, 2014
• More Than 40 Cadwalader Attorneys Recognized by Super Lawyers 2014 New York Metro Edition Sep 15, 2014
• Secondary Actors in Securities Transactions Beware: The Supreme Court May Have Aided and Abetted the Prospect of Increased State Court Litigation Apr 18, 2014
|Profile Visibility |
|#8,078 in weekly profile views out of 99,961 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#116,402 in weekly profile views out of 1,686,531 total lawyers Overall|