Areas of Concentration
· Commercial litigation
· Land use litigation
· Construction litigation
· Product liability
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Board of Trustees, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Florida Chapter
· Member, Trial Bar Section of United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
· Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
· Member, Broward County Bar Association
· Member, Advisory Board of Cumberland School of Law
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Banking and Finance; Litigation - Real Estate, 2010-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
· Selected, Business Leaders, "2011 South Florida Power Players," January-February 2012
· Team Member, Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Listed, South Florida Business Journal, "Leading Lawyers," Managing Partners and Largest Law Firms in South Florida, 2010-2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Representation and defense of multi-million dollar copyright infringement claims regarding kitchen designs brought against national condominium developer.
· Representation and defense of the District of Columbia in multiple class action lawsuits regarding property tax assessments.
· Representation and defense of multiple developers in multiple lawsuits brought by homeowner and community associations, and public interest groups to prevent commercial real estate developments.
· Representation and defense of national auto insurer in multiple, national class action lawsuits regarding the use of aftermarket parts.
· Representation of the Florida Department of Agriculture as trial counsel against multiple governmental bodies in injunction proceedings brought in the high-profile "Citrus Canker" litigation.
· Representation and defense of a tobacco company in 20 multi-million dollar individual personal injury and wrongful death tobacco cases brought in the Circuit Court of Broward County, Florida.
· Representation of a large financial company in $250 million national, multi-state litigation involving foreclosure/lender liability causes of action.
· Representation of national real estate developer in multimillion-dollar case brought against insurers and manufacturers of roofing system of large South Florida mall damaged by Hurricane Andrew.
· Representation of international real estate developer in obtaining dismissal of $5 million fraud claim brought by world-wide general contractor.
· Representation of a large international wireless cable television company in obtaining dismissal of injunction action brought by rival competitor.
· Represents national and local lenders and developers in commercial mortgage foreclosure/ lender liability work-out matters throughout the State of Florida, and on a national basis.
· Handles shareholder derivative, breach of contract, tortious interference, construction defects, trademark, brokerage commission, commercial tenant eviction, cable television access/use and covenant not to compete cases, and has previous experience in handling forfeiture actions.
· Conducted jury trials, bench trials and evidentiary hearings, and handled appeals in cases involving the foregoing categories at the State and Federal court levels.