Practice/Industry Group Overview
Goldberg Segalla represents local, regional, national and international businesses – including Fortune 500 companies and not-for-profit organizations – in all types of commercial transactions and disputes.
Our lawyers are highly experienced in complex business litigation and commercial transactions, enabling us to efficiently assess and counsel businesses in their day-to-day operations. In addition, our commercial trial attorneys have successfully litigated cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States as well as in administrative proceedings, arbitration and mediation. We have also represented businesses in negotiations and transactions across the country, as well as in numerous foreign jurisdictions.
This team is recognized among the elite practices in the United States in the 2015 Chambers USA directory for Litigation: General Commercial in Upstate New York. The directory noted Goldberg Segalla acts for “a variety of prominent clients throughout the USA,” and clients interviewed by the Chambers editors remarked that Goldberg Segalla is “extremely focused on getting to the end result quickly, inexpensively, and effectively” and “very good at adapting to our business model.”
Our experience includes:
- Complex commercial and business litigation including contract disputes, business tort and unfair competition claims and intellectual property litigation
- Drafting and interpreting commercial agreements and resolving disputes regarding licensing, construction, distribution, franchising, mergers, acquisitions, sales, divestitures and joint-venture matters
- Debtor/creditor relations, including collection, insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
- Commercial real estate holdings, including sales, purchases, leasing, financing, development, SEQRA, environmental compliance and liability, zoning and foreclosure actions
- Corporate governance, including advising boards of directors in connection with fiduciary obligations, and advising shareholders, partners, and owners in all aspects of shareholder, partner, and owner agreements and disputes
- Not-for-profit and charitable laws and regulations, including formation, tax exempt status and financing
- Advising professional service firms (including physicians, medical groups, law firms, accounting firms, architects and surveyors) in all aspects of their operations, professional licensing, operation agreements, and owner and contractual disputes and dissolution
- Corporate and estate tax planning, wealth planning, and succession planning involving wills, estates, trusts, and succession agreements
- Corporate transactions involving structure, formation, and financing business entities and expansion
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in numerous aspects of business entity capitalization, financing and loan workouts