Practice/Industry Group Overview
Goldberg Segalla attorneys have extensive experience in handling claims brought under financial institution bonds, fidelity bonds and crime policies. This experience includes investigating, providing coverage advice and defending insurers in claims involving:
- Employee dishonesty
- Lending losses
- Loss of securities
- Safe-deposit box burglary
- Computer crime
- Mortgage fraud
- Ponzi schemes and other financial scams
- Catastrophic safe deposit box claims arising out of the World Trade Center and Hurricane Katrina events
We represent U.S. and London underwriters as coverage and monitoring counsel, in connection with these types of claims. We also represent reinsurance companies in many fidelity and surety matters, including liquidation of primary and reinsuring carriers. In fact, Goldberg Segalla serves fidelity clients throughout the nation and around the world, and our attorneys have directly handled matters in the United States, Europe, South America and England.
The complexity of the cases handled by our fidelity attorneys requires special knowledge of all aspects of financial operations, including insider trading, foreign exchange trading, securities and commodities markets, credit and lending activities, money laundering, and computer and telecommunications fraud. A team of prominent accountants, international investigators, and financial and banking professionals is available to help our attorneys examine and analyze complex matters.
At Goldberg Segalla, we are also committed to constantly enhancing and refining our knowledge of fidelity law. Our attorneys:
- Are involved with the American Bar Association’s Fidelity & Surety subsection
- Have spoken to hundreds of attorneys, risk managers, insurance brokers and insurers at the Fidelity Law Association’s annual conference, the American Banker’s Association’s Risk Management conference, and the New York State Safe Deposit Association
- Are well-versed on the subjects of risk management, handling catastrophic losses and the implication of the fidelity policies in uncertain economic times
With offices in four different jurisdictions, and more than 120 attorneys in the United States, Goldberg Segalla is adept at providing high-quality, cost-effective services to local, national and international clients.