Practice/Industry Group Overview
With a team of more than 500 attorneys, Greenberg Traurig’s litigation practice offers firsthand experience and wide-ranging resources to protect clients’ interests in virtually every area of litigation. We are trial lawyers who regularly appear in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in appellate courts and before international arbitration panels.
We have tried many cases to verdict – and have the in-house legal and technological capabilities to efficiently handle dockets of cases numbering in the thousands. We also understand that going to trial often is not in a company’s best interest. Each of our clients has individual business goals that require varying litigation techniques. Therefore, we work closely with in-house counsel to develop a strategy – from strategic settlement to mediation to trying the case – that best fits a litigation cost and proficiency model appropriate to the client’s unique needs.
With the firm’s national footprint, we are able to deliver our services and handle cases in multiple jurisdictions with the dedication, responsiveness and local knowledge of a boutique firm, backed by the breadth and depth of resources of one of the largest law firms in the United States.
Experienced Trial Lawyers
The vast majority of GT’s litigation shareholders and of counsel have first chair trial experience. In addition, GT is one of the few firms with more than 90 former federal and state prosecutors in its litigation group.
Depth of Experience
- Litigators who try complex cases to verdict in state and federal courts
- Wide-ranging experience with alternative dispute resolution and strategic settlements
- Ability to develop integrated legal strategies that support our clients’ business objectives
- Forge legislative or administrative strategies, together with GT’s governmental affairs practice, to address otherwise intractable problems
The firm’s litigation support department is comprised of experienced professionals dedicated to assisting the litigation group with case management, document control, discovery management and trial coordination.
- State-of-the-art software and hardware solutions that facilitate case management, discovery and trial presentations
- Preparation and presentation of demonstrative evidence for arbitrations, evidentiary hearings and trials
- eDiscovery and eRetention teams that help clients identify and plan for the management of their electronically stored information to reduce cost and litigation risk
Working with our Clients
GT’s litigation team is dedicated to increasing the experience and familiarity of our clients’ in-house counsel with our litigation defenses and strategies. Our team has customized programs for many clients based on their specific needs. We collaborate with clients and co-counsel to build a unified litigation approach. GT can:
- Educate counsel on science, medical literature, plaintiff strategies and defenses in a given case, using outside consultants where appropriate
- Provide trial preparation and training on potential alternatives for document collection, retention and management, as well as training on the use of extranets and other technologies, as needed
- Conduct training for company witnesses on the mechanics and subtleties of providing effective and appropriate deposition and trial testimony
- Avoid overstaffing, rotating attorneys and multiple attendees at meetings, depositions, hearings and court appearances
- Reduce the need for local counsel based on GT’s national footprint