Practice/Industry Group Overview
Greenberg Traurig’s multidisciplinary team brings together attorneys with a wide range of counseling, regulatory compliance and litigation experience to advise clients on advertising, trade practices, marketing, sweepstakes and other sales promotion law issues and opportunities. In addition, we have deep experience in online technology, privacy and related matters, as well as critical relationships with key players in the entertainment industry, enabling our attorneys to provide clients with the business-oriented and dedicated counsel needed to thrive in today’s multimedia marketplace.
Counseling and Regulatory Compliance
We regularly advise national and international clients on virtually every aspect of federal and state law advertising and trade practice compliance. We also assist in structuring campaigns involving cooperative advertising, sweepstakes, contests, cause marketing, testimonials, rebates, coupons, gift cards and other techniques, to help our clients avoid problems before they arise.
Types of Projects:
- Advertising review and substantiation
- Advertising and promotional agency agreements
- Celebrity, consumer and expert endorsements and testimonials
- Charitable and cause-marketing programs
- Contests, sweepstakes and promotions, both domestic and international
- Email, CAN-SPAM, COPPA and privacy compliance
- FTC, FCC and FDA compliance for advertising and product labeling
- Green marketing compliance
- Privacy compliance in all media and industries
- Rebates, coupons and gift cards, including escheat compliance
- Trade practice compliance, including pricing and other matters
- Viral marketing and social media
It is almost inevitable in today’s world of consumer class actions, regulatory scrutiny and competitor challenges that some campaigns will result in litigation. Our team of experienced litigators is familiar with the ins and outs of such cases and has demonstrated time and again a practical and effective approach to help our clients conclude litigation efficiently and effectively.
Entertainment, Technology and Privacy
Primarily through our Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Silicon Valley and Las Vegas offices, we have a breadth of experience in entertainment, technology and privacy matters spanning the globe in television, film, music, online and mobile communications and technology. This multidisciplinary team is prepared to assist in many areas, including rights clearances, celebrity endorsements, product placements in entertainment programs, production deals, talent union negotiations, content licensing and intellectual property protection, and compliance with privacy laws.