Dennis Gregory "Greg" Placone works with the firm's Business Litigation Group in Columbia. He assists the antitrust team in representing a number of Fortune 100 companies.
Prior to joining Nexsen Pruet, Mr. Placone was an intern with the Harris County District Attorney's Office in Houston, TX and worked in the Misdemeanor Trial Division, where he first-chaired a DWI trial and was responsible for voir dire, opening statements, direct examination and closing arguments.
Before that, Mr. Placone clerked with the Honorable Fredericka Wicker on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Gretna, LA and the Honorable Jay C. Zainey, Federal District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana, in New Orleans.
Mr. Placone earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh, where he participated in the Semester at Sea Program and studied in China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, India, Kenya, South Africa, Brazil and Venezuela. He earned his law degree from Tulane University School of Law, where he was President of the Business Law Society. There, he also competed on Tulane's top Mock Trial Teams and at national competitions and coached the Ruby Vale Corporate Moot Court Competition in Delaware.
Mr. Placone grew up in Anderson, SC and is active with the Saluda River Chapter of Trout Unlimited in Columbia, where he is involved with river conservation efforts.
· CALI Award for Excellence: Advanced Oil and Gas Law
· Pro Bono Award: 400+ hours of service
· Maritime Law Certificate, Tulane's Maritime Law Center
· ABA National Criminal Trial Team, 2010-2011
· National Ethics Trial Team, 2009-2010
· Moot Court Board, Senior Justice, 2010-2011
Civic & Professional Memberships
· Jared R. Beiswenger Memorial 5K, Board member
· Trout Unlimited, Columbia Board of Directors