Gregg R. Vermeys focuses his practice on real estate matters, including acquisitions, development, financing, leasing and sales. Since 2005, Mr. Vermeys has served as lead counsel on acquisitions and sales transactions having an aggregate value well in excess of one billion dollars.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Clark County Bar Association
· Member, State Bar of Nevada
· Member, University of Southern California Alumni Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2013-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2011-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Listed, Nevada Business magazine, "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, 2009 and 2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2010
· Listed, Las Vegas Business Press, "Rising Star," Business, 2006
· Represented Forest City Enterprises in connection with the development of a new City Hall for the City of Las Vegas and the redevelopment of three city blocks in downtown Las Vegas.
· Represented Newland Communities in connection with the acquisition and development of property within a mixed use urban project in downtown Las Vegas known as Symphony Park.
· Represented Holly Corporation and its affiliate UNEV Pipeline, LLC in connection with the acquisition and development of property for a petroleum products pipeline and terminal from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas.
· Represented American Real Estate Partners in connection with the acquisition of the Flamingo-Laughlin Hotel and Casino Resort (now known as the Aquarius Hotel & Casino).
· Represented a national hotel company with an assemblage and development of a casino and resort hotel project.
· Represented Carina Corporation in the sale of a real estate portfolio in a $170 million transaction.
· Represented Lamar Outdoor Advertising in connection with Nevada real estate matters, including acquisition of easements, leasehold interests and other property rights and interests for development and operation of outdoor advertising signs.
· Represented regional homebuilder in connection with the sale of 17 residential communities to a national developer in a $300 million transaction.
· Represented Sky River Services in connection with the acquisition and leasing of office properties.
· Represented Westcare Foundation in connection with real estate matters in Nevada including acquisitions, sales and leasing of various properties.
· Represented Montecito Companies and their affiliates in connection with leasing transactions with national tenants in various shopping centers.
· Represented Toll Brothers in connection with the acquisition and development of multiple residential communities.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Presenter, "Fundamentals of Real Estate Closings in Nevada," Lorman Seminar, July 2004