Gregory P. Duffy practices in the areas of real estate law, general corporate law and corporate governance. Mr. Duffy's representative work includes equity and land sales acquisitions and dispositions; commercial financing; commercial leasing for national and international businesses representing both landlords and tenants; dispositions of multi-family apartment buildings for a national affordable housing provider; low-income housing advice, real estate tax litigation; contract litigation; business organization; and corporate governance reviews.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New York, Mr. Duffy is a 2004 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and was executive editor of the Law Review. Mr. Duffy graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Binghamton, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
· Represented a national provider of post-secondary degrees regarding the handling of national lease-related documentation, including negotiating and drafting numerous commercial leases, amendments, subleases, subordination agreements, estoppels and termination agreements.
· Represented The State Bar of California in closing a series of transactions, which includes "one of the largest real estate purchases in downtown Los Angeles in 2012," the Bar's acquisition of an office building located at 845 South Figueroa Street in Los Angeles for $50 million and the $25.5 million tax-exempt acquisition financing therefor. The Bar also sold its parking lot in downtown Los Angeles for $29 million.
· $80,000,000 acquisition of major homebuilding company.
· Represents international staffing company and national education provider in connection with nationwide retail and office leases.
· Represented hedge provider and lenders in connection with Pennsylvania wind energy project.
· Represents a private real estate company in office, warehouse and retail leasing in projects throughout the eastern United States.
· Represents casino owner in connection with development of multi-use casino property, including high-end outlet shopping center.
· Represented national sports league in connection with league-wide financing agreements.
· Represented buyer in the acquisition of high-end fashion retailer with retail and office leases throughout U.S. and Canada.
· $3,750,000 disposition of multi-family apartment building, including bond release negotiation.
· 832,427 rsf lease of factory/warehouse space.
· $40,000,000 acquisition of residential development property.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2005-present
· Covington & Burling
- Associate, 2004-2005
Honors and Awards
· First Judicial District Pro Bono Roll of Honor, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
· Listed in Pennsylvania Rising Stars, 2010
· American Bar Association
· New York State Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
· Board Member, Neighborhood Gardens Association/A Philadelphia Land Trust
· Pro Bono Attorney for Partners for Sacred Places
· Vestry Member, St. Peter's Church
· Member, Guatemala Committee
Selected Publications and Speaking Engagements
· "Sacred Places - Space Sharing Primer," October 2012
· Co-author, "Pennsylvania Planned Communities and Condominiums in Light of Shaffer Decision: What Now?," Duane Morris Alert, February 12, 2010
Selected Speaking Engagements
· "Legal Issues in Shared Space Planning," Partners for Sacred Places - Arts in Sacred Places Training Module, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 23, 2012
· Faculty Member and Speaker, "The Sustainability Puzzle: Evaluating and Implementing the Greening of Commercial Buildings," 12th Annual Real Estate Institute, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia, December 5, 2008
· "Building Green," Real Estate Law Update 2008, Pennsylvania Bar Institute program, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, April 4, 2008, and Malvern, Pennsylvania, April 17, 2008
· Faculty Member and Speaker, "Overcoming Green Building Challenges - Efficiently Managing LEED® Document Management Challenges," Green Building & Technology, Finance, Investment & Construction Summit, sponsored by Financial Research Associates, LLC, New York City, September 24, 2007
· Faculty Member and Speaker, "Developers' Roundtable on Achieving LEED® Certifications," Green Building & Technology, Finance, Investment & Construction Summit, sponsored by Financial Research Associates, LLC, New York City, September 24, 2007