Greg Patti's practice includes substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions and securities law, including strategic acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions, representation of portfolio companies, general corporate counseling, and '34 Act reporting. Greg has represented numerous buyers and sellers in auctions of large subsidiaries and divisions of public companies, particularly in the telecom and health care industries.
Greg is an advisor to the SDX Protocol, a new approach to shareholder-director engagement; and a contributing author to Quorum, a Cadwalader newsletter developed specifically for directors of publicly traded corporations.
Greg received his J.D. from Harvard Law School, an M. Phil. in International Relations from the University of Cambridge, and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale University.
•salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in its $15.6 billion acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
• Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in its pending acquisition of Civitas Therapeutics, Inc.
• Forbes Media LLC on its pending sale of a majority stake to a group of international investors as part of the Company's global growth strategy.
• Elan Corporation in its $8.6 billion sale to Perrigo Company plc.
• Elan Corporation in its successful defense of a $6.6 billion hostile tender offer by Royalty Pharma.
• Elan Corporation in the spinoff of its subsidiary, Prothena Corporation plc.
• United States Treasury Department in the restructuring of General Motors
• J.P. Morgan Capital Partners, LLC in the $440 million sale of its MQ Associates, Inc. medical diagnostic imaging business to Novant Health
•sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the $625 million acquisition of Harborside Healthcare Corporation from an affiliate of Investcorp
• Verizon Communications in the sale of its Latin American directories business to an affiliate of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
•sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the sale of its home health care business to AccentCare, Inc
• Dynegy, Inc. in the $2.4 billion sale of its natural gas liquids business to an affiliate of Warburg Pincus
• Verizon Communications in the $1.5 billion sale of its Canadian directories business to an affiliate of Bain Capital
• Verizon Communications in the sale of the healthcare information technology business of its Verizon Information Technologies Inc. subsidiary to Infocrossing, Inc.
•sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the sale of its pharmacies business to Omnicare, Inc.
• Verizon Communications in the sale if its BBNT Solutions subsidiary to an affiliate of General Catalyst Partners and Accel Partners
• Qwest Communications International Inc. in the $7.05 billion sale of its QwestDex directories business to an affiliate of The Carlye Group and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
• Verizon Communications in the $800 million sale of its TSI Telecommunication subsidiary to an affiliate of GTCR Golder Rauner
• GTE Corp. in the acquisition and sale of approximately $4.5 billion in cellular properties from and to Alltel Corporation
• Telecom Italia Mobile in the acquisition of a Venezuelan cellular company
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Represents Salix Pharmaceuticals in Its Acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals Apr 01, 2015
• Cadwalader Recognized by The American Lawyer With Two 2014 Global Legal Awards Jul 11, 2014
Clients & Friends Memos
• Del Monte Decision Enjoins Shareholder Vote and Deal Protections; Holds Buyer Potentially Responsible for Aiding and Abetting Seller Board's Fiduciary Breach Feb 18, 2011
• Tainting The Sales Process Mar 18, 2011
• Quorum: February 2015 V3N1Feb 11, 2015