|Admission Details||2000, New York and U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania, B.A.; Brooklyn Law School, J.D.|
|Additional Bio Details||Gregory (Scott) Gennarelli represents those seriously injured in an accident as the result of the negligence of others. While he has a large construction accident practice, Scott handles all types of accidents that result in serious personal injuries or wrongful death. Recently, Scott has handled cases notable cases such as: a landmark wrongful death case against Rye Playland (amusement park accident); he has represented victims of the Staten Island Ferry accident; and, he has resolved one the few succesful cases against members of the swimming pool industry in New York in a complex design defect/failure to warn case. It is Scott's creative thinking that has not only impressed lawyers and clients alike, but has lead to substantial recoveries on cases that many believed were difficult to win.|
Prior to joining his current firm, Mr. Gennarelli spent over 12 years a with a respected Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice firm in Manhattan where he had great success handling the firms Construction Accident and other catastrophic injury cases. Before that, Scott was a a summer associate for a prestigious products liability firm in Manhattan.
Other types of case Mr. Gennarelli has handled include: construction accidents; car accidents; trucking accidents; gas tanker explosion accidents; bus accidents; electric shock cases; high voltage and fuse discharge injuries; railroad, subway and train accidents; swimming pool and diving accidents; defective products and design defects; dog bites; gymnastic and playground accidents; biking accidents; Fires; Lead paint exposure and toxic torts; Assault and unlawful imprisonment; elevator accidents; and various other types of accidents from falls to medical malpractice.
Sample of Other Verdicts, Settlements and/or Reported Cases over his career include:
- $13 million - Construction Accident - fall from scaffold
- $4.8 million - Bus Accident
- $3.5 million - Motor Vehicle - Tanker Explosion - burn
- $2 million - Motor Vehicle - Pedestrian - closed head injury
- $1.96 million - Diving Accident - Swimming Pool
- $1.9 million - Construction Accident - Falling Object
- $1.6 million - Construction Accident - Ladder
- $1.375 million - Construction Accident - High Voltage
- $1.25 million - Amusement Park Accident - Playland
- $1.0 million - Motor Vehicle - head injury - 81 year old
- $950,000 - Construction Accident
- $875,000 - Construction Accident
- $770,000 - Construction Accident
- $750,000 - Construction Accident
- $750,000 - Playground Accident
- $700,000 - Premises Accident
- $700,000 ? Motor Vehicle Accident
- $660,000 - Bus Accident
- $600,000 ? Premises - Fall - Fractured wrist
- $590,000 - Premises ? Boiler - Burn
- $580,000 - Motor Vehicle Accident
- $545,000 - Construction Accident
- $440,000 - Dog Bite
In addition to his trial practice, Mr. Gennarelli has successfully argued before the Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
Durign the course of his career, Mr. Gennarelli has been a member of various professional groups including the New York State Trial Lawyers Association; New York County Lawyers Association; the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA); and, The American Association for Justice. He has served on the Young Lawyers Committee for the New York County Lawyers Association and was an original member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Young Lawyers Network. He has attended programs by the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Assocaiton, and the Nassau and Suffolk County Lawyers Bar Assocations. In addition, Scott has prepared lecture materials for the New York State Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education program.
Scott graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a B.A. degree and Brooklyn Law School, where he earned his J.D. degree. He is admitted to the Bar in New York and the United States Federal Courts.