Gusmão & Labrunie is a Brazilian office located in São Paulo. Since 1988, it has specialized exclusively in Intellectual Property. Its team consists of professionals with academic training in Brazil and abroad. Many of them also have scientific backgrounds helping Gusmão & Labrunie to understand the scientific principles underlying the products and processes. With this group of highly qualified people, it provides legal and technical services, helping its national and international clients to manage, protect and exploit their intellectual property rights in Brazil and worldwide
To support this approach the office has a huge network with other law firms all over the country and in the major cities in the world.
Gusmão & Labrunie has been counseling clients in all matters involving domestic and international intellectual property, which includes patent, design and trademark prosecution, protection of copyright, trade secrets and against unfair competition, conduction of nullity proceedings, IP litigation, arbitration and mediation, due diligences, criminal measures, customs seizures, consultancy activities, such as prior art searches, trademark searches, licensing and assignment agreements, technology transfer agreements, franchising agreements and other related areas such as the e-commerce, internet and advertising.
- Most admired law firm in Intellectual Property in Brazil by Análise Advocacia 500 (2014)
- Recognized as one of the only two firms in Brazil to earn Gold tier status by IAM Patent 1000 - The world´s leading patent practitioners (2014).
- Recommended firm in Brazil by Latin Lawyer 250 - Latin America´s leading business law firms (2014).
- Ranked by Legal 500 as one of the only three Brazilian firms in Tier 1 in Intellectual Property (2014).
- Ranked law firm for Intellectual Property in Brazil by Chambers and Partners Latin America (2014).
- Recommended firm in Brazil by Who´s Who Legal in patent and trademark (2013).
Portuguese, English, Spanish, German, Italian and French
Memberships and Alliances
- Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI)
- Brazilian Association of Industrial Property Agents (ABAPI)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de Propriété Industrielle (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (FICPI)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Trademark and Design Law Practitioners Association (APRAM).