Our attorneys provide expert representation in all areas of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, consolidations, combinations and recapitalizations. Transaction types include:
– Purchases and sales of public and private corporations
– Asset sales
– Divisional and product-line acquisitions and divestitures
– Management buyouts
– Leveraged acquisitions
– Acquisition financings
Mergers & Acquisitions transactions are often complex – and require specialized counsel in various disciplines. As a multi-service firm, Hinckley, Allen & Snyder can offer coordinated legal advice in related areas of the law, including tax, intellectual property, securities, real estate, antitrust, labor and ERISA, environmental, bankruptcy, litigation, healthcare and financial services, among others.
Who We Serve
The Mergers & Acquisitions team typically advises on transactions ranging from $1 million to $500 million for the following types of clients:
Publicly Held Corporations
We have represented publicly held corporations in M&A transactions. Our knowledge of SEC, NYSE, NASDAQ and OTCQX rules and regulations allows us to advise our clients on the necessary compliance requirements involved in these types of transactions.
Privately Held Companies
We have advised numerous privately held companies, ranging from single shareholders to companies with hundreds of shareholders, in various M&A transactions.
We have represented numerous financial institutions as both acquirers and targets in M&A transactions. Our extensive knowledge of the applicable regulatory processes involved makes us uniquely suited to structure and close deals for these types of institutions.
We have represented various healthcare organizations, including large healthcare networks, hospitals and other healthcare service providers, in the purchase and sale of healthcare organizations throughout New England and nationally. Our ability to involve our seasoned healthcare attorneys enables us to provide the expertise necessary in these types of transactions.
We have a long history of representing national and international manufacturing companies in the purchase and sale of facilities.
Below is a small sample of our experience in mergers and acquisitions:
– We represented a large regional, publicly traded bank with over 80 branches in merger with a mid-Atlantic financial institution in a deal valued at approximately $1.5 billion.
– We represented a New England-based, publicly traded bank in its sale to another regional bank, with a transaction value of approximately $235 million.
– We represented a national workers’ compensation insurance provider in its sale to a publicly held insurance company, valued at approximately $135 million.
– We represented an international tire manufacturer, as debtor, in a bankruptcy sale of stock and assets to three separate purchasers for a total of $96 million.