Our healthcare attorneys offer a full spectrum of services, including:
– Regulatory compliance, including HIPAA, fraud and abuse, and Affordable Care Act compliance
– Business transactions, including joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and employment agreements
– Healthcare reform initiatives
– Payor contracting and payment issues
– Professional licensing board disciplinary matters
– Licensing and certificate-of-need matters
– Privileging and credentialing disputes
– Patient rights and care issues
– Tax-exempt and charitable organization issues
– Corporate governance
We help healthcare providers resolve (and avoid) regulatory problems. Among the matters we regularly address are:
– Privacy and security of medical records, including compliance with the HIPAA rules.
– Fraud and abuse compliance, including anti-kickback, false claims, and the Stark self-referral rules.
– Medicare and Medicaid conditions of participation and payment rules.
– Internal and governmental investigations.
We can advise healthcare entities and individual professionals on joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, as well as assist them in the negotiation and drafting of the associated agreements. We can also assist them in the negotiation and drafting of employment and personal services agreements.
Payor contracting and payment issues
We can help negotiate contracts with payors and resolve payment disputes.
Professional licensing board disciplinary matters
We have experience representing healthcare professionals in professional licensing board investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
Licensing and certificate-of-need matters
We have extensive experience in assisting healthcare entities in obtaining facility licenses and certificates of need. We can also advise individual healthcare professionals on professional licensing matters.
Privileging and credentialing disputes
We can assist clients with credentialing and privileging disputes with hospitals (assuming, of course, no conflict) and disputes with insurance companies concerning network participation.
Patient rights and care issues
We can advise clients on matters relating to informed consent, medical ethics, and patient rights issues.
Health care reform
We can assist clients in understanding, strategizing about, and navigating through the changes brought about by state and federal health reform efforts.
We have experience advising healthcare entities on corporate governance matters, including issues relating to non-profit and tax-exempt status.