Practice/Industry Group Overview
Our product liability and toxic tort attorneys comprise one of the most effective and successful teams of trial lawyers in New England. We have extensive experience representing clients in wrongful death and toxic tort actions as well as individual claims involving allegations of product defects or product malfunctions. Characteristics of our practice include:
– We Understand Complex Litigation – We’re experts in litigating highly technical matters that require a great deal of expertise in science, medicine and related disciplines.
– We Have a Prestigious Reputation – We have a deep bench of seasoned trial attorneys who have a well-deserved reputation for excellence. The opposition always knows that we’re willing and able to bring any case to trial and to verdict.
– A Sensible Approach – We will work closely with you to understand your business – and the details of your dispute – so we can help you determine the most sensible, cost-effective strategy to accomplish your goals. Whenever possible, we will help you avoid litigation.
– We Go to Verdict – If we collectively determine that a trial is necessary, we’re always willing to go to verdict. We’re seasoned trial attorneys who are comfortable going to court and fighting cases to conclusion.
Areas of Expertise
Hinckley Allen’s attorneys have vast experience defending product liability lawsuits in a wide variety of areas, including:
– Pharmaceutical Products
– Lead Paint Products
– Catalyst Products
– Asbestos Products
– Design Defect Allegations
– Product Contamination Allegations
– Class Actions
We have represented pharmaceutical companies in mass product liability actions involving the vaccine preservative thimerosal, DTP vaccine, polio vaccine, tetanus vaccine, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) drugs, contact lenses and lens care products.
Lead Paint Products
We have experience representing manufacturers of lead paint products in landmark cases involving allegations that manufacturers were liable under a public nuisance theory.
We have represented a catalyst manufacturer against claims that plaintiffs suffer from pneumoconiosis as a result of exposure to catalyst used in an oil refinery on St. Croix in the Virgin Islands.
We have represented multiple manufacturers, suppliers and distributors against asbestos claims involving both product and premises liability allegations.
Design Defect Allegations
We have represented manufacturers of industrial machines and wood chippers against claims of alleged design defects.
Product Contamination Allegations
We have experience representing manufacturers and distributors of nutritional supplements against allegations of contamination.
We have represented retail chains against allegations that they sold expired products.
Who We Serve
We represent manufacturers, distributors, retailers and premises defendants against all types of product and tort claims.