Mr. Carroll is a partner in the Fayetteville office and focuses his practice on representing public and private companies in commercial litigation matters. He has a background in accounting, along with his legal experience. Mr. Carroll's practice includes products liability defense, banking and lending defense, complex business litigation, and construction defense. He also is a registered NFL contract advisor representing high-profile individuals in a variety of matters including endorsement contracts and negotiations, the NFL draft, and NFL employment contracts. As lead counsel, Mr. Carroll has trial experience and has received successful defense verdicts in various matters. Also as lead counsel he has successfully prosecuted plaintiff verdicts regarding complex commercial and construction litigation, and has successfully mediated over 40 cases in a variety of business and liability issues. Mr. Carroll maintains a Very High (BV) rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
• Representation of manufacturers and franchisees regarding indemnification, contribution and inventory disputes involving termination of dealership agreements.
• Representation of NFL draft eligible players regarding all aspects of pre draft and post draft needs, specifically, creating a foundation and corporate entities to protect prospective player and his family from liability, prosecuting any trademark or infringement on the players name or likeness by third parties, providing counsel for all banking and real estate transactions, performing estate and trust work to secure the assets of the player, in addition to the typical services provided by a registered contract advisor such as locating a training facility of the player's choice, using the firms' local and national contacts for endorsement agreements and marketing opportunities, and working with prospective teams' scouts and player personnel departments.
• Representation of banking and lending institutions regarding all aspects of potential litigation such as lender liability, foreclosure, bankruptcy, and priority issues.
• Representation of developers, lenders, material suppliers, municipalities, general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects and property owners regarding all aspects of construction litigation including materialmen's liens, lien notices, change orders, completion issues, priority concerns and bankruptcy issues. Representation of the above clients involving liability issues dealing with improper design and improper construction, with an emphasis on multiple-party litigation, arbitration and mediation (Six-figure Plaintiff's Verdict in favor of Hunnicutt Construction Inc. on materialmen's lien and breach of oral construction contract: Hunnicutt Construction Inc. v. Waller, CV-2003-1016 Washington County Circuit Court ).
• Representation of numerous corporations regarding premises liability with an emphasis on hotel and restaurant liability. Previous liability issues involved slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents, improper railing, improper construction of steps and staircases, improper design of railing and steps, improper design and layout of furniture and lobby, inadequate lighting and security (Defense Verdict in favor of the Ozark Mountain Smokehouse regarding allegations of negligence and design: Meadows v. Ozark Mountain Smokehouse, CV-2005-400 Crawford County Circuit Court).
• Representation of numerous motor carriers, including several carriers on a continuing basis, regarding all aspects of business and liability issues. Additionally, representing various motor carriers, directly and via their insurers, regarding fatalities, catastrophic injuries, life care planning, and hazardous materials transportation (Defense Verdict in favor of Moore U.S. Mail Contractors, Inc. regarding allegations of negligence of defendant driver who was cited for failure to yield to plaintiff: Marron v. U.S. Mail Contractors, Inc., CV-2008-376 Washington County Circuit Court, affirmed on appeal CA-09-853).
• Representation and defense of matters involving legal and accounting malpractice, as well as the prosecution of numerous types of employee, manager and partner embezzlement, improper benefits, and expense fraud.
• Representation of various entities regarding real estate-related litigation. Representation has included the defense of agents, brokers, agencies and title companies regarding agent misrepresentation, broker misrepresentation and omissions in title work.
January 27, 2011 Firm Elects 24 To Join Partnership In 2011
January 19, 2011 Carroll Chosen To Represent NFL Draftee