McGuire Boyd defends banks, mortgage lenders, servicers, and debt collectors against a wide variety of federal and state law claims, including claims brought under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
McGuire's goal is to resolve litigation matters as quickly and efficiently as possible. He has strong trial experience and has litigated numerous cases in state and federal court.
For a client looking for responsible, diligent counsel, McGuire Boyd is right for your team.
· Obtained defense verdict in state court for mortgage company accused of failing to pay commissions in home equity line of credit channel.
· Represented automobile finance company against consumer's appeal of summary judgment on various TILA claims. On appeal, Fourth Circuit affirmed summary judgment in favor of automobile finance company. Tripp v. Charlie Falk's Auto Wholesale, Inc., 290 Fed. Appx. 622 (4th Cir. Va. 2008).
· Obtained declaratory judgment for bank on TILA rescission claim. Va. Cmty. Bank v. Fisher, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 111610 (E.D. Va. Dec. 1, 2009).
· Defended mortgage company against various consumer finance claims involving unsuccessful application for loan modification under federal Home Affordable Modification Program. Stovall v. SunTrust Mortg., Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 106137 (D. Md. Sept. 20, 2011) and 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 165377 (D. Md. Nov. 20, 2012).
· Obtained jury verdict in state court in favor of bank on post-foreclosure deficiency claim against borrower and guarantors of commercial loan.
· Defended mortgage company against various consumer finance claims related to loan origination. Carter v. Bank of Am., N.A., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110948 (D.D.C. Aug. 8, 2012).
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: THE RESULTS OF ANY LEGAL MATTER DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH MATTER. PAST RESULTS DO NOT PREDICT OR GUARANTEE SIMILAR RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE MATTER.
Awards & Honors
Named a "Rising Star" by Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, 2012
· James River Association
· Washington & Lee University, University Athletics Committee