Jacqueline Greenberg Vogt has 19 years of experience in construction law and concentrates on construction contracting and litigation. She regularly assists clients from the initial conception and project delivery planning stages through the negotiation of contracts and bid preparation and has experience resolving all types of construction disputes. She has litigated payment disputes, lien claims, claims of defective design and construction, complex delay claims, indemnity claims, personal injury claims, labor and employment issues, default and convenience terminations, and claims against surety bonds and construction insurance policies as well as creditor's rights and bankruptcy issues in the construction arena. She has tried cases to state courts, administrative tribunals and arbitration panels.
Jacqueline has been given an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas of Concentration
· Construction contracts, law and litigation
· Employment law and litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Trustee, Essex County Bar Association, 2000-2009
· Board Member, Rutgers School of Law - Newark, Alumni Board, 2011-Present
· Member, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
· Master, The Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. Inn of the American Inns of Court
· Member, Morris County Mothers of Twins Club
Awards & Recognition
· Member, Winning Team, New Jersey Law Journal's "General Litigation Department of the Year" award, 2013
· Team Member, Lexology's Client Choice Award USA & Canada, United States: New Jersey, 2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Counsel to school board defending claims of wrongful termination by contractor and delay claims by co-prime contractors.
· Counsel to developers of a luxury townhome community defending claims of construction defects.
· Counsel to owners of an industrial processing plant defending delay claims by contractor and prosecuting construction defect claims against it.
· Counsel to general contractor in AAA arbitration against school board for delay damages resulting from another contractor's delays during school construction project.
· Counsel to school board asserting claims against defaulted contractor's surety bond.
· Counsel to telecommunications company in construction delays/defect dispute with contractor over upgrades to an existing facility.
· Counsel to school board in major capital projects to expand and renovate schools.
· Law Clerk, Honorable Serena Perretti, J.S.C. of the Superior Court of New Jersey
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Mentioned, "The Best Blend of Practices: Greenberg Traurig Puts its Collective Brainpower to Work in New Jersey," New Jersey Law Journal, April 1, 2013
· Co-Author, "Building Information Modeling is Revolutionizing Construction," New Jersey Law Journal, October 2009
· Author, "An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Anti-Harassment Policies and Training are Invaluable to Employers," Lorman Education Services, May 9, 2001
· Co-Author, Civil Practice in Essex County, "Survival in the Courts," Essex County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
· Author, "Law Against Discrimination: Workplace Harassment Protections Expanded," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman Litigation Update, June 24, 1999
· Speaker, "Project Completion and Liquidated Damages," Construction Law 2012: Tackling Contract Provisions and Insurance Issues, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, East Brunswick, NJ, June 6, 2012
· Speaker, Civil Motions, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 15, 2005
· Speaker, "Retainer Agreements for Litigators," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 31, 2004
· Speaker, "Workplace Harassment Do's and Don'ts: Training Your Workforce," Portable Training Seminar for Employees and Managers
· Speaker, "Civil Motion Practice," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, November 11, 2002
· Speaker, "Mini-Trial of a Discrimination Case," Essex County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, June 7, 2001
· Speaker, "Avoiding Liability for Employee Claims: Employment Law for Construction Projects in New Jersey, " Lorman Education Services, May 9, 2001
· Speaker, "Practical Application of the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993," Ernst & Young, LLP, March 14, 2001
· Speaker, "Civil Practice in Essex County, Survival in the Courts," Essex County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, November 17, 2000
· Speaker, "Workplace Harassment Training and Policy Implementation," Consolidated Bearings, Inc., October 1999
(Also at New York, New York Office)