Jacqueline Canter is a shareholder of Marshall Dennehey and serves as a co-chair of the firm's Retail Liability Practice Group. She also has a general liability practice, concentrated in the areas of retail liability, premises liability, motor vehicle liability, dog bite liability and product liability. Jacqui has handled the defense of hundreds of personal injury actions ranging from jury trials, non-jury trials, and binding ADR hearings of various formats and arbitration hearings. She has also represented numerous national retail liability chains in matters ranging from alleged assault, alleged defective product displays and slip/trip and fall to alleged wrongful detention.
With an extensive background in retail, Jacqui has the unique opportunity to serve as a charter board member of the National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA). NRRDA is a national networking organization formed to advance and protect the interests of the retail and restaurant industries. She has served as a faculty member on numerous continuing legal education panels, speaking on a variety of topics relevant to personal injury litigation.
Jacqui received her B.A. in 1982 from the University of Maryland and her juris doctor in 1986 from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. She is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association and serves regularly as a judge pro tempore and arbitrator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
• Faculty Member: numerous past continuing legal education programs.
• Speaker: Limited Tort, Automobile Law, Conducting Depositions in Personal Injury Cases, and The Art of Negotiation.
• Speaker: Fundamentals of Personal Injury, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI), May, 2012
• Speaker: Killer Deposition Tactics, 13th Annual Personal Injury Potpourri Seminar - Defense Research Institute (DRI), April, 2011
• Speaker: Managing the Changing Universe of Relations Among Clients, Third Party Administrators and Attorneys, National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA) Annual Conference, February, 2011
• Speaker: Trying The Automobile Injury Case In Pennsylvania, National Business Institute (NBI), February 20, 2004
Year Joined Organization: 1988