A seasoned and well-rounded attorney, Jacqueline Z. Shulman exclusively devotes her practice to the representation of management in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. Ms. Shulman's goal is always to balance her clients' legal concerns with their business objectives. She serves her clients both as a skilled litigator and as a reliable legal counselor. Ms. Shulman is viewed by many of her clients as their outside general counsel and has proven to be a valuable resource and reliable member of their teams.
Although Ms. Shulman's practice has an emphasis on representation of small-sized to medium-sized companies and family-owned businesses, her clients come from a wide range of industries including: finance, manufacturing and assembly, retail, automotive, medical, dental, chemical, repackaging, fulfillment and distribution, catalog and on-line sales, education, consumer opinion research and social service non-profits.
Ms. Shulman has extensive practical experience in an array of state and federal labor and employment law matters which allows her to provide steadfast counsel to management on issues such as:
· Defense of discrimination charges
· Management training
· Drafting and review of employment policies, procedures and agreements
· Assisting with union elections
· Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
· Handling unfair labor practices, grievances and arbitrations
· Compliance with federal and state employment laws
· Drafting and review of employment agreements
· Non-compete and restrictive covenants
· Wage and hour audits
· Client counseling via telephone conferences, e-mail and on-site visits
Ms. Shulman is a frequent contributor to numerous publications, and also lectures and conducts training seminars nationally and locally on all areas of labor and employee relations.
Professional & Civic Activities:
PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Co-Chair of Human Resources Committee
North Penn United Way, Board of Directors
Forum of Executive Women, Board and Program Committee Chair
National Executive Cabinet State of Israel Bonds
AIPAC Philadelphia Leadership Council