- Crisis Response, Risk Management & Executive Protection
- Insurance & Reinsurance
|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.348.1721|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., email@example.com)
|University ||Columbia University, B.A.|
|Law School||Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.|
|Admitted||2007, Massachusetts; 2008, New York; United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts; United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York; United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Jacquelyn focuses her practice on complex insurance claims and coverage in directors and officers, professional liability, and general liability areas, among others. She is experienced in advising clients regarding placement of coverage, availability of coverage and litigating coverage issues for a diverse array of claims.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Jacquelyn was an associate in the insurance/reinsurance practice in the Boston office of another international law firm. Prior to this she was a litigation associate at an international law firm based in New York, where she worked on matters relating to financial fraud, insurance claims including fidelity and D&O claims, securities law, contract disputes, and bankruptcy proceedings.
After attending law school, Jacquelyn was a law clerk for the Honorable Richard N. Palmer at the Connecticut Supreme Court. While in law school, Jacquelyn was an Alexander fellow for the Honorable Kimba M. Wood at the US District Court for the Southern District of New York and a judicial intern for the Honorable Jane S. Solomon at the New York State Supreme Court. She also served as associate editor of Cardozo Law Review.
Jacquelyn has also done a significant amount of pro bono work in the area of immigration, including the representation of asylum-seekers and those seeking U visas and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
• Defended insurer and inspector of a large power plant in a multimillion dollar suit relating to deaths and injuries caused by plant explosion.
• Drafted a successful summary judgment motion in construction defect insurance coverage dispute in federal court.
• Represented insurers at the both primary and excess levels on multiple varied and complex claims brought by financial institution insureds, including coverage for SEC and FINRA investigations, criminal charges relating to insider trading, and civil lawsuits stemming from, for example, high-frequency trading, order routing, Ponzi schemes, and violations of securities laws.
Recognitions & Awards
• Felix Frankfurter Award, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (2007)
• Outstanding Service Award, Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (2015)
Professional & Community Involvement
• Public Interest Leadership Program Boston Bar Association (05.2013 - 06.2014)
• Member, Public Interest Leadership Program Subcommittee, Boston Bar Association
• Boston Bar Foundation Junior fellows Society
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,356 in weekly profile views out of 20,402 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#104,828 in weekly profile views out of 1,707,781 total lawyers Overall|