Jim Friedman is a business lawyer who has extensive experience advising clients in all aspects of commercial real estate ownership, development and financing. He also serves as a trusted, strategic advisor to clients in a variety of general business matters. Mr. Friedman works closely with clients to understand their business objectives and achieve the best possible results.
Mr. Friedman represents developers, owners and lenders in connection with a wide range of transactions, including the purchase and sale of multifamily, office and retail properties; acquisition and construction lending, as well as refinancing of residential, office, retail and warehouse real estate; and the leasing and management of retail, office and industrial properties. Mr. Friedman also represents and advises entrepreneurial, retail, hospitality and public relations clients in general business matters. Mr. Friedman is an agent of First American Title Insurance Company.
Mr. Friedman is an active participant in the hospitality industry. He is a Director of the Boston Public Market Association, a volunteer organization whose mission is to facilitate the creation of a permanent, year-round public market in Boston sourced with local produce and prepared foods and from local producers.
Representative Matters & Significant Transactions
· Representation of a large private multifamily operator in numerous acquisitions and financings of properties in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
· Representation of a public athletic shoe and clothing manufacturer in leasing of outlet stores in the Northeast and Florida
· Representation of a family-owned residential developer in all aspects of acquisition, development, financing, and sale of single family residences and condominium projects, including its age-qualified and Chapter 40B properties
· Representation of salon and spa and upscale fashion retail chain operator in general business matters and leasing
· Representation of national agency mortgage lender in multifamily project loans
Massachusetts Bar Association
AV Martindale Hubbell Peer Rating
Selected for Inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers
Professional & Civic Activities
Director, Boston Public Market Association, Inc.