|Contact Info||Telephone: 215 979 1959|
Fax: 215 827 5564
|University ||University of Alabama, B.A., summa cum laude, 2006 Phi Beta Kappa; The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Certificate in Business/Public Policy, 2011)|
|Law School||University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011 Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law|
|Admitted||2011, Pennsylvania; New Jersey; U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit|
|Memberships ||American Bar Association; National LGBT Bar Association; Philadelphia Bar Association. |
James G. Welch practices in the area of litigation.
Mr. Welch is a 2011 graduate of University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was senior editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law and a Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year for 2009-2010. In conjunction with his law degree, Mr. Welch received a certificate in Business and Public Policy from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Welch also is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Alabama, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
· Obtained for a pro bono client, a young boy with cerebral palsy, through the Support Center for Child Advocates, a termination of parental rights rulings against both birth parents, who have failed to engage in even the most basic level of parenting since his birth. The child's foster mother, who the child has known as his only mother his entire life, will now get to formally adopt her son.
· Obtained a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of Dell Financial Services LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dell Inc., of multimillion-dollar claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
· Obtained on behalf of the Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA) a settlement agreement the client found very favorable in a hotly-contested 15-year long class action lawsuit regarding home-heating subsidies in which plaintiffs originally sought tens of millions of dollars.
· Represents a sports league in lawsuits brought by several players and their wives related to head injuries sustained during play.
· Landscapeworks v. TD Bank - won motion to dismiss for TD Bank under UCC repeater rule in a check fraud case in New Jersey State Court where an employee embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars.
· Obtained a defense verdict as first-chair following a one-day bench trial for Dell Financial Services, Inc. in an action brought by a consumer alleging violation of the Pennsylvania Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2011-present
· American Bar Association
· National LGBT Bar Association
· Philadelphia Bar Association
· Legal Clinic for the Disabled
- Board Member, 2011-present
· Co-author, "Disclosure of Seed Sets: Required to Cooperate or Protected as Attorney Work Product?," The Legal Intelligencer, February 18, 2014
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,254 in weekly profile views out of 16,252 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#111,830 in weekly profile views out of 1,616,736 total lawyers Overall|