|University ||University of Pennsylvania, B.S.E., 1976|
|Law School||University of Miami, J.D., cum laude, 1979|
|Admitted||1980, New York and Florida; 1983, Massachusetts|
|Born||Rochester, New York, January 16, 1954|
Jim serves as co-chair of the Debt Finance and Capital Markets Group. Jim focuses his practice in all aspects of corporate finance (senior financing, mezzanine financing and equity-co-investments) for a wide variety of institutional and entrepreneurial finance clients. Jim also works in the public finance arena in connection with direct purchases of tax exempt bonds and with credit enhancement products of public bond issues.
· Represented a syndicate of national lenders in a $75 million revolving facility to an international firearms manufacturer
· Represented a syndicate of national lenders in a $275 million credit facility to a national dairy products company
· Represented a syndicate of national lenders in $475 million tax exempt bond facilities in connection with acquisition, development and construction of a continuing care retirement community
· He acted as counsel to the arranger/agent in a syndicated senior financing for a national restaurant chain.
· Jim also frequently acts as counsel in connection with direct purchases of tax exempt bonds and as counsel to direct pay letter of credit providers in connection with credit support relating to tax exempt bond issuances.
· He has frequently represented Canadian and other foreign financial institutions in connection with credit facilities for foreign-based borrowers and their U.S. affiliates.
· Jim works with private equity groups in structuring senior, mezzanine and equity financings relating to acquisition transactions and dividend recapitalizations.
· Jim structured an $80 million securitization transaction on behalf of a multi-tiered group of receivables originators and guided them through several tiers of transfers to a special purpose entity and financing through a commercial paper conduit.
· He advised and represented the arranger/agent in a syndicated senior financing for a national restaurant chain in connection with its acquisition of a publicly issued company and he structured subordination terms of related high yield notes.
· Jim was counsel to the liquidity provider and credit enhancer of a $100 million securitization of loan receivables under an employee relocation program.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jim serves as Chairman of the Town of Weston Recreation Commission and helped direct the fundraising for and the construction of a new multi-generational Community Center.
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Bar Association
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#591 in weekly profile views out of 18,976 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#42,189 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|