James L. Beausoleil, Jr. has served as lead trial counsel in numerous multimillion-dollar and other high-profile state and federal bench and jury trials involving a variety of subject matters, including commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation and contract disputes. Mr. Beausoleil represents individuals, manufacturers, distributors, financial institutions and other commercial entities in complex litigation and in injunction proceedings involving claims of unfair trade practices, consumer fraud, protection of intellectual property, disputes over inventorship, misappropriation of trade secrets, patent and trademark infringement, and the Federal Lanham Act and contract disputes. Mr. Beausoleil also regularly represents clients in mediation, arbitration and other ADR forums nationally.
Mr. Beausoleil frequently represents clients in federal and state court proceedings in which injunctions or temporary restraining orders are sought to enforce non-compete agreements, preclude the theft of trade secrets, and protect intellectual property rights. He has obtained numerous favorable arbitration awards on behalf of an international medical device manufacturer in cases involving claims of wrongful termination and breach of distributor agreements.
Mr. Beausoleil represents vendors nationwide in litigation with American Indian Nations and casinos. He has obtained significant awards in arbitration and through settlement against American Indian Nations and casinos on behalf of vendors in various breach of contract and wrongful termination of contract cases.
Mr. Beausoleil served a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Harold B. Wells III while he served as a trial judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and the Ho-Chunk Nation. He has been admitted pro hac vice in numerous state and federal courts throughout the country.
Mr. Beausoleil graduated magna cum laude from Vermont Law School in 1994 with both a juris doctorate and a master's degree in the study of environmental law.
•Burlington County Court, NJ,
- Judicial Clerk, Honorable Harold B. Wells, III, 1994-1995
•Norwalk Hospital Mobile Emergency Medical Service, Norwalk, CT, Paramedic, 1987-1991
•Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2003-present
- Associate, 1995-2002
Honors & Awards
•Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2005
Civic and Charitable Activities
•Philadelphia Society for Services to Children
•American Heart Association, Executive Leadership Team, 2013 Philadelphia Heart Walk
• Apologies from Competitors: Injunction Requires Rivals to Undo Harm, Product Liability Law & Strategy Newsletter, January 2002
• The Use of Animal Studies as Causation Evidence in Failure-to-Warn Cases, Leader Publications Product Liability Law & Strategy Newsletter, December 2000
• Third Circuit Permits Claim to Hurdle Preemption, Causation Obstacles, Leader's Product Liability Law & Strategy Newsletter, February 1999
Selected Speaking Engagements
• Tavern Owner Liability, Entertainment District Safety and Current Issues, annual seminar of the Philadelphia Police Department, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 16, 2003