Mr. Behmke's practice focuses on patent preparation/drafting and prosecution, patentability and infringement studies and opinions, reexamination proceedings, prior art searches, design patents, and trademarks/copyrights, both in the U.S. and internationally, as well as litigation support. His areas of technology expertise include computer software and hardware, smart grid technologies, advanced network communication protocols, mass data storage systems, magnetic data storage systems, automotive/aeronautical technologies, antenna designs, fuel cells, medical devices and general electrical and mechanical technologies.
Mr. Behmke was included in the New England Rising Stars listing, a Thomson Reuters publication, in 2009.
• Jim has written and prosecuted hundreds of patents for a worldwide telecommunications leader, and was an integral member of the team referenced by this Fortune 500 company as their "go to" patent firm.
• Jim has also successfully represented a small company in licensing negotiations with a large nationwide supplier.
• Jim has served as a judge at the American Bar Association (ABA) Regional Negotiation Competition at Harvard Law School.
• Jim has also served as a judge at the Yale Mock Trial Invitational Tournament.
• Further, Jim has served as a team mentor for the MIT $100K Entrepreneurship Competition.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining the Firm, Jim was a Senior Associate at two Boston area patent boutiques that primarily specialized in the areas of patents, copyrights, trademarks and licensing for high-tech and high-profile clients.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jim enjoys spending his free time with his family, friends, and dog. He is an enthusiast of all things automotive, restoring classic cars and riding motorcycles, and has his private pilot's license. Jim can also solve a Rubik's cube in under five minutes.
Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
American Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Association (AIPLA)
Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Computer Society
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) Diving Society