Mr. Mansfield's practice focuses on the examination of titles for the drilling of oil and gas wells as well as for real estate purchases and sales.
He handles various phases of oil and gas mineral lease sales, purchases and divestitures. His background in energy litigation involves landowner/mineral lessee disputes and royalty and related litigation.
Mr. Mansfield uses his extensive knowledge and experience in Louisiana property law matters to advise corporate counsel on Louisiana mineral law, law of sales and drafts instruments. Additionally, he prepares curative title documents, counsels estate representatives in succession matters, and has acted as a mediator in oil and gas disputes.
Mr. Mansfield speaks before, and is a member of, several professional organizations. These include the American Association of Professional Landmen, the Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, and the Louisiana Independent Oil & Gas Association. He is also a chapter contributor to the upcoming Louisiana Mineral Law Treatise, to be published by the Louisiana Mineral Law Institute.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Lafayette Parish and Louisiana State Bar Associations - Member
· American Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· Louisiana Independent Oil and Gas Association - Member
· St. Thomas More Catholic High School - School Board, Former President and Member
· The Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2014
· "Examination Techniques" and "Anatomy of a Title Opinion," Louisiana Mineral Law Institute Seminar on Title Examinations in Louisiana, 2006
· "Lessons for Landmen From the Corbello Decision," AAPL 2004 Gulf Coast Land Institute
· "Seismic Permitting Law in Louisiana," Gulf Coast Institute, American Association of Professional Landmen, 1999
· "Spring Educational Seminar," Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, 2000
· "Joint Operating Agreements and Louisiana's Risk-Fee Statute," Petroleum Landmen's Association of New Orleans, 1999
· "Selected Topics in Louisiana Mineral Law," Tulsa Association of Professional Landmen, 1999
· "3-D Seismic in Louisiana," Houston Association of Professional Landmen, 1999
· "3-D Seismic Legal Issues," Baton Rouge Association of Professional Landmen, 1998
· "Louisiana Title Examination," 44th Mineral Law Institute, March 1997
· "The Examination of Louisiana Titles," Mineral Law Institute, February 1997
· "Spring Educational Seminar," Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, 1994
· Recordation of a Notice of Mineral Lease
· "3-D Explorers Not Well Off Under Louisiana Law," Nat'l. L.J., June 23, 1997