James R. Brueggemann is Of Counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office. Previously, Mr. Brueggemann was a founder and shareholder in the intellectual property law firm of Pretty, Schroeder, Brueggemann & Clark, in Los Angeles.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Brueggemann is a patent attorney who specializes in filing and prosecuting patent applications, domestic and foreign. He has represented clients in a wide range of technical disciplines, including the following:
· medical devices, including clinical thermometers, blood chemistry analyzers, cardiac pacemakers, blood pressure sensors, intraocular lenses, heart catheters, foot prostheses, dental tools, and excimer lasers;
· data storage and retrieval systems, including bar code scanners, optical disc players, and video cassette recorders;
· electrical and electronic circuits and systems, including power regulator systems and audio amplifiers;
· industrial processes for manufacturing aircraft transparencies, optical fibers, optical coatings, optical lenses, and optical discs;
· industrial processes for grading and sorting objects such as citrus;
· theater lighting systems, including lighting fixtures and lighting control systems;
· sporting equipment, including golf clubs, golf balls, and weightlifting equipment;
· aerospace fasteners; and
· musical instruments.
Mr. Brueggemann also is active in rendering patent validity and infringement opinions in the same wide range of technical disciplines. He frequently takes an active role in working with clients to identify patent infringement risks and design around competitors' patents.
· Southern California Super Lawyer, 2005-2013