Jamie Humphreys is an Associate in the Commercial Litigation group of Edwards Wildman's London office. He acts for governments, companies and individuals on national and international disputes. He has experience of English, Caribbean and Hong Kong court proceedings, as well as mediations and arbitrations.
Jamie trained with the firm and qualified in 2008. He spent six months on secondment at one of the firm's major oil and gas clients. He spent four months in the firm's Hong Kong office helping to establish its litigation department.
· Advising a Caribbean Government on the recovery of land and damages on contractual and tortious claims in multiple corruption cases.
· Acting for a global steel company on several disputes over international supply contracts.
· Acting for a global steel company on several disputes over services contracts.
· Advising a group of individuals in Hong Kong on the settlement of a claim for misrepresentation against the real estate agents for a failed Thai property development scheme
· Advising a British funk band on a successful claim for royalties under its agreement with a collections agency.
· Advising indigenous people in Asia on their application for membership of UNPO.
· Acting for a large oil and gas company in an offshore pipeline dispute.
· Assisting on several successful libel actions on behalf of Sheikh Khalid Bin Mahfouz against various publishers and authors.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
· "Corruption in UK Off-Shore Territories", co-author, The Commonwealth Lawyer, February 2013
· "Court of Appeal emphasizes strict operation of Part 36", author, Edwards Wildman Client Advisory, June 2012
· "Rough Justice: Court of Appeal rules on measure of damages for negligent misrepresentation", author, The In-House Lawyer, April 2012
· "No final countdown for Part 36 offers", authour, Commercial Litigation Review, December 2011
· "Conditional Fee Arrangements: the death knell for the recoverability of success fees has been sounded as Europe and the UK Government chime together", author, Commercial Litigation Review, June 2011
· "Settlement agreements and the limits of confidentiality", author, Commercial Litigation Review, October 2010
· "Rectification possible despite entire agreement clause", author, The In-House Lawyer, September 2010
· "Jackson's review of costs in litigation: Proportionality leading the people", author, Commercial Litigation Review, May 2010
· "Oil, gas and troubled waters", co-author, EAPD Handbook, June 2008
News & Publications
October 2012, Edwards Wildman Client Advisory: Revision of SFO Bribery Act Guidance
June 2012, Edwards Wildman Client Advisory - English Court of Appeal emphasizes strict operation of Part 36
December 2011, Commercial Litigation Review - December 2011
June 2011, Commercial Litigation Review - June 2011
October 2010, Commercial Litigation Review - October 2010
June 2010, Litigation UK
May 2010, Commercial Litigation Review - May 2010
December 2009, Litigation UK
August 2009, Commercial Litigation Review - August 2009
May 2009, Litigation UK
June 2008, Oil, gas and troubled waters
a practical handbook based on case studies
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jamie and his partner Cassi have a young son. Jamie spends his spare time trying to make him laugh and wondering whether he will ever sleep, although rarely at the same time.
Jamie enjoys playing football and snowboarding. He has traveled widely in South America and Asia and enjoys learning about new cultures and tasting the local cuisine.