Jana Grauberger is a founding attorney and shareholder of Liskow & Lewis' Houston, Texas office. Her practice focuses on energy transactions, litigation, and arbitration. She also provides advice and representation to federal lessees in connection with their offshore oil and gas properties and compliance with federal statutes and regulations, particularly with respect to royalties and operational matters. Ms. Grauberger practices before state and federal courts in Texas and Louisiana and has experience handling a wide variety of oil and gas matters, including royalty disputes, joint operating agreement issues, oil and gas facility construction disputes, contractual indemnity matters, and other types of oil and gas and pipeline contractual disputes and damages claims. She drafts and negotiates upstream and midstream oil and gas contracts and advises oil and gas companies as to issues involved with those same types of agreements.
Recent Matters include:
•Arbitrating under international rules to a favorable Final Award a series of disputes related to the construction and installation of a deepwater Gulf of Mexico production facility.
•Negotiating platform, pipeline, and well decommissioning and abandonment agreements.
•Negotiating an oil and gas operating agreement for a deepwater Gulf of Mexico development.
•Negotiating a series of midstream pipeline construction and transportation agreements for a deepwater Gulf of Mexico development.
•Providing advice as to compliance with federal offshore oil and gas regulations, assisting in obtaining regulatory approvals associated with the sale and transfer of assets, and pursuing administrative appeals concerning orders to pay royalties and operational INCs.
Ms. Grauberger is active in the Women's Energy Network of Houston (President, 2010) and chaired the group's 2008 Charity Lunch, which raised $100, 000 for Community Family Centers Los Ninos Early Childhood Education Program.
Prior to joining Liskow & Lewis, Ms. Grauberger served as a law clerk to the Honorable Walter F. Marcus, Jr., Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Louisiana. Before attending law school, she worked as a television reporter for KPLC-TV in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
•“Federal Offshore Update, ” Liskow & Lewis Oilfield Indemnity and Insurance Seminar, Houston, TX, 2014
•“Coastal and Offshore Gulf of Mexico Update, ” 27th Annual Energy Law Institute for Attorneys and Landmen, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX, 2014
•“Current Land and Lease Disputes in Shale Plays, ” Webinar, The Institute for Energy Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Committee, Houston, TX, 2014
•“Regulatory Update, ” Minimizing Risks in Upstream Oil and Gas Contract Management, American Leaders, Houston, TX, 2014
•“Texas Oil & Gas Update, ” Liskow & Lewis 2013 Energy Law Seminar, Houston, TX, 2013
•“New Capacity Issues on the Outer Continental Shelf, ” 1st Annual Midstream Oil & Gas Law Conference, The Institute for Energy Law, Houston, TX, 2012
•“Regulation of Oil and Gas Operations in the Gulf of Mexico, ” In-House Client Seminar, The Woodlands, TX, 2012
•“Doing Business in the Gulf of Mexico: Staying Current in a Changing Regulatory Environment, ” Liskow & Lewis Breakfast Forum Series, Houston, TX, 2012
•“Recent JOA Disputes and Liability Issues Between Operators and Non-Operators, ” Liskow & Lewis Energy Law Seminar, Houston, TX, 2011
•“Financial Security Under Joint Operating Agreements: Are We Falling Between Two Stools, ” 24th Annual Energy Law Institute for Attorneys and Landmen, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX, 2011
• Assignments & Conveyances, Dallas Bar Association Energy Law Section, Dallas, TX, 2010
• Lessons Learned From Recent JOA Disputes, Liskow & Lewis Louisiana Mineral Law Seminar, Houston, TX 2008
• Offshore Update, HBA Oil and Gas Mineral Law Section Luncheon, Houston, TX 2008
• Don't Get Stuck With the Check When It's Not Your Dinner: Indemnity and Insurance Issues Under Joint Operating Agreements, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute on Oil and Gas Agreements: Joint Operations, Denver, CO 2008
• Texas Oil & Gas Cases Update, Liskow & Lewis Oil & Gas Seminar, Houston, TX 2007
• Joint Operations: Current Joint Operating Agreement Issues, 20th Annual Energy Law Institute for Attorneys and Landmen, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX 2007
•“Current Regulatory Developments Affecting Offshore Midstream Natural Gas Pipelines” (with Collette R. Gordon), 3rd Annual Midstream Oil & Gas Law Conference, The Institute for Energy Law, Houston, TX, 2014
• Texas Supreme Court Holds JOA Exculpatory Clause Applicable to All Activities of the Operator, Liskow & Lewis E-Newsletter, September 5, 2012
• Doing Business Offshore: Staying Current in a Changing Regulatory Environment, 59th Mineral Law Institute, Baton Rouge, LA, 2012
• Assignments & Conveyances, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute on Oil and Gas Agreements: The Exploration Phase, Santa Fe, NM 2009
• Lessons Learned From Recent JOA Disputes, Insight Energy Contract Law Seminar, Houston, TX 2008
• Joint Operations: Trends in JOA Operator/Non-Operator Disputes, State Bar of Texas: Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Section Report, Vol. 32 No. 3, March 2008
• Has the Operator's Protection Been Plutoed ?: Joint Interest Disputes Between Operators and Non-Operators, 53 Rocky Mtn. Min. L. Inst. 32-1 (2007)
•“Recent Developments: Texas, United States, and International Energy Law (United States Oil and Gas Case Summaries), ” 1 Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law 153 (2006)
• From Mere Intrusion to General Confusion: Agency and Mandate in Louisiana, 72 Tul. L. Rev. 257 (1997)
• Feldt v. Mentor Corporation: The Fifth Circuit Examines Preemption and the Medical Device Amendments in the Context of Penile Implant Litigation, 70 Tul. L. Rev. 1181 (1996)