- Business Organizations and Transactions
- Wills, Trusts
|Contact Info||Telephone: (515) 288-2500|
Fax: (515) 243-0654
|University ||Western Illinois University, 2008|
|Law School||University of Iowa College of Law, 2011|
Jana is an associate of the Davis Brown Law Firm. She joined the firm's Business Division in August 2011 and maintains a practice including, but not limited to, trust and estate work. Jana was a summer associate with the Davis Brown Law Firm in 2009 and 2010.
Seminars, Lectures and Publications
· "Social Security: How to Help your Clients Make Informed Choices", Lincoln Inne, Feb. 2012.
Jana graduated from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2011 with highest distinction. She received her undergraduate degree from Western Illinois University, where she graduated summa cum laude.
While at the University of Iowa College of Law, Jana received the Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement which recognizes four graduates for outstanding performance in both the academic and co-curricular programs of the College. She was also elected to the Order of the Coif.
In addition, she was a student writer for the Journal of Corporation Law, where her work was selected for publication. Jana was also the treasurer of the Organization of Women Law Students and Staff and prepared tax returns with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
Jana was born and raised in Burlington, Iowa, and currently resides in West Des Moines. She enjoys golfing and running.
· Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys
· Iowa State Bar Association
· Polk County Bar Association
· Tax Law Blog: Disclaiming an Inheritance
· Tax Law Blog: IRS Announces Furlough Days
· Tax Law Blog: Common Errors to Avoid in Tax Returns
· Tax Law Blog: The IRS is Airing its Dirty Laundry
· Tax Law Blog: Does the IRS Have Your 2009 Refund?
· Tax Law Blog: Unfortunate Reminder of the Need for Powers of Attorney
· Tax Law Blog: Social Media and Other Digital "Assets" After Death
· Tax Law Blog: IRS Offers Options if You Can't Pay Your Taxes
· Tax Law Blog: Filing for 2012 Taxes Delayed Until January 30
· Tax Law Blog: Individual Tax Rates, Deductions, and Credits
· Tax Law Blog: Are Holiday Weddings a Form of Tax Planning?
· Tax Law Blog: Last Minute Charitable Gifts
· Employment Law Blog - Holiday Bonuses for Employees
· Tax Law Blog: Tax Implications of Holiday Bonuses
· Tax Law Blog: Giving Back After Hurricane Sandy
· Davis Brown to Host Annual Fiduciary Litigation Seminar
· Tax Law Blog: 2013 Inflation Adjustments
· Tax Law Blog: Basics of Estate Tax and Gift Tax
· Tax Law Blog: Cashing in on a Life Insurance Policy
· Tax Law Blog: Top Tax Errors in Estate Planning
· BINGO! Wait, you're taxing that?
· Taxing Gold (Medals)
· Cat Breeding - "Trade or Business" or Hobby?
· Summer Camp Tax Credits
· IRS Issues Temporary Regulations on Portability
· Joint Accounts and Estate Planning
· Tax Duties of an Executor
· Reporting All Income
· Can I write my children and/or spouse out of my will?
· Keeping Tax Records
· Part 2: Are Frequent Flyer Miles Taxable Income?
· Estate Planning For Fido?
· Education Tax Credits
· Jana Luttenegger presents at Lincoln Inne
· Reasons You Need a Will
· Are Frequent Flyer Miles Taxable Income?
· Online Sales: Should You Be Collecting Sales Tax?
· It's that time, Tax Season 2012
· Jana M. Luttenegger Joins The Davis Brown Law Firm
|Profile Visibility |
|#23 in weekly profile views out of 466 lawyers in Des Moines, Iowa|
|#48,006 in weekly profile views out of 1,482,292 total lawyers Overall|
The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements, certification, specialization or self-proclaimed expertise. A description or indication of limitation of practice does not mean that any agency or board has certified such lawyers as specialist or expert in an indicated field of law practice nor does it mean that such lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. These disclosures are required by the Supreme Court of Iowa.