JASON A. COPLEY is the Managing Partner of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. In this position, he manages the operations of the Firm's eight offices and spearheads the Firm's plans for strategic growth. He is a Partner in the Firm's Construction Group as well as a Shareholder and member of the Board of Directors. Jason focuses his practice on representing contractors, subcontractors and owners in the areas of construction and commercial litigation and maintains offices in both Philadelphia and Harrisburg.
Jason worked in the construction industry for six years, utilizing his engineering degree as a project manager for a commercial subcontractor before earning his law degree from the Widener University School of Law. During his career, he has handled cases on both the state and federal levels in a multitude of jurisdictions, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Connecticut and Ohio. He has also argued cases at the appellate levels in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Jason is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Dauphin County Bar Association.
Jason acts as counsel to a wide range of construction clients, including general contractors, subcontractors, owners, sureties and suppliers on both public and private projects. He has handled construction cases involving a wide variety of commercial, industrial, institutional, residential, educational and multi-prime construction issues. He regularly drafts and negotiates construction contracts, consults with clients throughout the construction process and prepares, presents and defends disputed claims. This work frequently involves mechanics' liens, bond claims, claims for delay, acceleration, loss of efficiency, unpaid change orders, bid protests and bid withdrawals.
Jason is a frequent speaker at trade organizations and construction companies on all aspects of construction litigation.
· Architectural Glass & Metal Association (AGMA) - Member of the Board
· Construction Financial Managers Association (CFMA) - Member; Chairperson of the Barbara Mosteller Scholarship Fund, which gives scholarships to qualified candidates who are enrolled in educational programs that will lead them to financial construction careers; Previously served as Secretary
· Associated Builders and Contractors Keystone Chapter (ABC)
· Associated Pennsylvania Constructors (APC)
· Mid Atlantic BX (MABX)
· General Building Contractors Association (GBCA)
Awards & Recognition
· Jason has been designated a Super Lawyer in the field of Construction Law in Pennsylvania every year since 2009, and in New Jersey in 2005 by Law & Politics Magazine. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· Jason was honored as the 2012 Associate Member of the Year by the Construction Financial Management Association.
· Jason was named one of "Philadelphia's 2010 Legal Elite" by Philadelphia SmartCEO Magazine.
(Also at Harrisburg Office)