Jay J. Lambert practices in the areas of product liability, professional liability, and drug and medical device litigation.
He is a member of the Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, the Civil Litigation Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Philadelphia Bar Association. A member of the Association of Defense Counsel, the Defense Research Institute and the American Board of Trial Advocates, he is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Mr. Lambert is a 1968 graduate of Villanova University School of Law and a graduate of Providence College.
· Extensive trial experience in professional liability suits, including successful jury verdicts representing physicians, podiatrists, insurance agents, architects and engineers.
· Product liability defense for manufacturers, including Hobart Corporation, Wilsonart, BMW and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
· Representation of drug, food supplement, medical device and medical equipment manufacturers and insurance companies, including Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company, MEDMARC, Showa Denko K.K., and Sunrise Medical, Inc.
· Part of the DM&H litigation team representing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Medicare reimbursement suit against the tobacco industry.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Former Co-Chair, Product Liability Practice Group
- Of Counsel, 2000-present
- Partner, 1978-1999
- Associate, 1971-1978
· American Bar Association - Tort and Insurance Practice Section
· Pennsylvania Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section
· Philadelphia Bar Association
· Association of Defense Counsel
· Defense Research Institute
· American Board of Trial Advocates
Honors and Awards
· AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Speaking Engagements
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Selected Seminars and Presentations
· "Defending the Hospital and Handling Credentialing Problems Relative to the 'Unfit Staff Person," Defense Research Institute, Chicago, IL, October 1988
· "The Incompetent or Marginal Physician," Law Journal Seminars, New York, NY, June 1988
· "Withholding and Refusing Treatment," Law Journal Seminars, New York, NY, June 1988
· "Direct Examination and Cross Examination", Trial Technique Seminar, Defense Research Institute, Washington, D.C., April 1988