Areas of Concentration
· Private placements of equity and debt securities
· Tenant-in-Common offerings
· Partnership and limited liability company private placements
· REIT private placements
· Initial public offerings and secondary public offerings of equity securities
· Public offerings of debt securities
· Ongoing securities law compliance
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
- Chair, 2009-2012 and Co-Chair, 2006-2009, Educational Programming Board, Section of Business Law
- Member, Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities, Section of Business Law, 1993-Present
- Section of Business Law, 1982-Present
- Member, Standing Committee on Audit, 1999-2002
- Council Member, Section of Business Law, 1996-2000
- Chairman, 1993-1995, Vice Chairman, 1989-1992 and Secretary, 1988-1989, Committee on State Regulation of Securities, Section of Business Law
- Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Small Business Issuers, 1998-2006
- Chair, Section of Business Law, Finance Committee, 1998
· Member, State Bar of Arizona, 1979-Present
- Chairman, Section on Securities Regulation, 1988-1989
· Trustee, Desert Botanical Garden, 1993-2000
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation, 2010-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Selected, Best Lawyers, "Phoenix Securities Lawyer of the Year," 2011
· Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Private placement for private REIT investing nationally in single-tenant properties.
· IPO for developer and supplier of custom-designed touchpad and dual pointing interface solutions for notebook computers.
· Follow-on offering for a public company engaged in designing and manufacturing liquid crystal display modules and microdisplays.
· Private placement for $400 million apartment REIT offering.
· Tenant-in-Common private placements and Delaware statutory trust offerings.
· Real estate syndication private placements for retail and office projects.
· Rule 144A $150 million Senior Note offering and registered exchange offer for public company providing health and safety services, including 911 emergency transport services.°
· SEC Registration of a hotel condominium coupled with a rental pool.°
· Form 10 for a biopharmaceutical company focusing on proprietary ingredients for functional nutrition.°
· Ongoing 1934 Act representation for various public companies.
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Harris prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Co-Author, "Financing the American Dream - Small Business and the ULOR Project," 43 Bus. Law 757 (1988)
· Co-Author, "Financing the American Dream: A Beginning," 44 Bus. Law 625 (1989)
· Co-Author, "Financing the American Dream - ULOR SCOR(E)S," 45 Bus. Law 1343 (1990)
· Co-Author, "Presumptive Merit - A New Era for Arizona Securities Law," 45 Bus. Law 1347 (1990)
· Co-Author, "Uniform Form for Small Offerings: SCOR," 23 Rev. of Sec. and Com. Reg. 219 (1990)
· Co-Author, "Developments in the Use of Form U-7 (SCOR)," 47 Bus. Law 273 (1991)
· Co-Author, "Simplifying Registration of Small Corporate Offerings: Form U-7 'SCORs'," 6 Insights 13, July 1992
· Co-Author, "Regulation D Offerings," ALI-ABA Course Handbook, 1989-2004
· Co-Author, "Blue Sky Laws," PLI Course Handbook, 1993