Jéan E. Wilson is Chair of the firm's Orlando and Atlanta Public Finance Practices. Jéan has broad experience as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriters' counsel, bank counsel, trustee's counsel, borrower's counsel and purchasers' counsel in various types of tax-exempt and taxable financings, including housing, transportation, public utilities, general obligation, sales tax, revenue and tourist development tax issues, as well as tax increment, industrial development and downtown redevelopment financings.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Florida A&M University School of Law, Board of Visitors
· Board Member, Valencia Community College Foundation
· Board Member, YMCA Black Achievers Program, Board of Directors
· Former Member, Fifth District Court of Appeal, Judicial Nominating Commission
· Former Member, Florida Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
· Former Member, Senator Bob Graham's Federal Judicial Nominating Commission
· Former Member, The Florida Bar, Committee on Equal Opportunities in the Profession
· Past President, Florida Chapter of the National Bar Association
· Past President, Paul C. Perkins Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2007-2014
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Listed, Orlando magazine, "The Best Lawyers in Orlando," 2010
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Public Finance Law, 2009
· Voted, Orlando Magazine, "One of the Six Most Respected and Admired Lawyers in Orlando," December 1997
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel or issuer's counsel on bond issues for various entities, including: City of Atlanta, City of Jacksonville, City of Orlando, Town of Braselton, City of Deltona, City of Sebastian, City of Winter Park, Miami-Dade County, Orange County, Broward County, Orlando Utilities Commission, Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, Orange County Industrial Development Authority, Florida Housing Finance Corporation, Jacksonville Housing Finance Authority, Housing Finance Authority of Broward County, Orange County Housing Finance Authority, Arcadia Housing Authority, Orlando Housing Authority and the Tampa Housing Authority.
· Acted as lead bond and disclosure counsel in connection with a $1.2 billion commercial paper note program for the City of Atlanta.
· Acted as lead disclosure counsel in connection with a $1 billion transaction for the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority.
· Represented the purchasers of the $9.48 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005A (AMT) and $38 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005B (NON-AMT).
· Represented the purchasers of the $21 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Princeton Lakes Project), Series 2006.
· Former Managing Partner, Office of Statewide Municipal Finance Firm, Orlando, Florida
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Jéan has lectured and served on panels for organizations including: National Association of Bond Lawyers, Florida Government Finance Officers Association, National Forum of Black Public Administrators and Florida Bar - Local Government Law Section.