JEFFREY BRYDZINSKI is Senior Counsel in the Construction Group of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. Jeffrey concentrates his practice on litigating complex commercial and construction law claims on behalf of owners, contractors, design-builders, and subcontractors in multiple jurisdictions. Advising clients on numerous multi-million dollar projects, Jeffrey's practice includes litigating claims involving construction and design defects, product defects, project delays, unforeseen conditions, productivity and inefficiencies, additional work claims, and insurance and bonding issues. A skilled litigator, Jeffrey handles all aspects of motion and trial practice, from inception and discovery through resolution in state and federal count or alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Jeffrey has extensive transactional experience drafting and negotiating contracts, engineering-procurement-construction agreements, waivers and releases for major industrial, commercial, and residential projects. He prepares and reviews corporate documents, business entity, structure and management agreements, and other business contracts. He works closely with his clients in all aspects of their business, developing risk management plans and standard operating procedures that minimize potential liability.
Jeffrey also has expertise litigating multi-jurisdictional mass tort claims. Jeffrey has represented corporations, financial institutions, insurance companies, healthcare providers, information technology companies, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, and material suppliers in products liability, indoor air quality, insurance recovery, toxic torts, bankruptcy, and asbestos claims. Many of these matters required coordination and management of regional and national counsel teams. In addition to resolving each matter, Jeffrey developed and implemented cost-effective defense strategies across each serial litigation case.
Construction of sporting arenas, hotels, resorts, commercial buildings, residential buildings, school buildings, highways, sewage systems, airports, and energy producing facilities, including, Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, Piazza at Schmidt's, Symphony House, The Four Seasons, Great Exuma at Emerald Bay, Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman, Kaheawa Wind Farm, Hawaii, Philadelphia International Airport, Marine Club Condominiums, Philadelphia Lofts at 640, Rowan University, Philadelphia School District, Bristle Borough School District, Chichester School District, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, New Jersey Department of Transportation, Delaware Department of Transportation, and Marshalltown Generating Station, Iowa.
• Prepared multiple claims for an array of different subcontractors involving delay/productivity/inefficiency claims, design issues, and additional work claims on various school buildings in the tri-state region resulting in settlements with the relevant school boards for these subcontractors.
• Represented large general contractor who performed work on various projects at the Philadelphia International Airport. Prepared, argued, and won various motions and motions for summary judgment across multiple matters in state and federal court. Won at summary judgment, defeated defendants claim for liquidated damages totaling over nine million dollars over multiple pieces of litigation.
• Represented a large national material supplier as national counsel. Reviewed and prepared contracts and purchase orders being negotiated across the country and assist in developing companies risk management plans.
• Successfully arbitrated a case involving a mixed-use building at a local college campus, defeating all of subcontractor's claims for additional work, contract balance, and wrongful termination.
• Represented a large, regional general contractor with regard to a $4 million contract balance claim that involved the construction of a residential apartment building and defended contractor against allegations of defective work asserted by the project owner.
• Successfully mediated settlement of construction manager's builder's risk insurance claim associated with costs and damages resulting from a fire that impacted the construction of a mixed use residential, retail and parking garage condominium.
• Negotiated and settled performance and payment bond claims against the surety on behalf of a construction manager.
• Drafted and negotiated on behalf of owner an engineering, procurement and construction agreement for the construction of a $2 billion coal-fired or natural gas-fired power generation facility.
• Successfully mediated settlement on behalf of the owner against design and construction defect claims with regard to the construction of a five-star resort.
• Successfully mediated settlement on behalf of the owner against prime-contractor's delay and inefficiency claims in the construction of a wind energy substation and interconnection facility.
• Managed delay and extra work claims of behalf of a MEP subcontractor on a multi-million dollar professional football stadium construction project.
• Served as national counsel for several defendants with multi-jurisdictional asbestos cases involving over 5,500 active cases and over 20,000 claims.
News & Publications
• Cohen Seglias Starts 2014 with Strategic Promotions
Press Release - February 10, 2014
• Protect Your Customers - New Pennsylvania Case Upholds Disclaimer Waiving an Employee's Right to Sue
Construction in Brief: 2013 Volume 3
• Cohen Seglias Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers List in Pennsylvania
June 4, 2010
• Don't Waive Your Right to Recover Impact Costs When Signing Change Orders
Construction In Brief: Summer / Fall 2009
• Jeffrey Brydzinski Joins Cohen Seglias
May 13, 2009
• American Bar Association (ABA)
• Philadelphia Bar Association
• Associated Builders and Contractors Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter (ABC)