Areas of Concentration
· Commercial litigation representing lenders and developers
· Complex commercial foreclosures
· Representation of commercial mortgage-backed securities loan servicers
· Defense of lender liability claims
· Representation of electronics clients
· Representation of investment advisors in SEC enforcement actions
· Representation of SEC and NASD registered corporations in administrative and court proceedings
· Probate and estate litigation
· Zoning and land use litigation and appeals
Professional & Community Involvement
· Former Chair, Real Estate Litigation Committee, The Florida Bar's Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1995-2001
- Member, Executive Council, 1995-2001
· Graduate and Former Skills Advisory Chair, Leadership Fort Lauderdale
· Former Vice President, The Jewish Museum of Florida, Miami Beach, Florida
· Former Chair, Attorney's Division, Greater Miami Jewish Federation
· Former Local Communications Chair, National Young Leadership Cabinet, United Jewish Communities
· Board of Directors and Chair of Committee on Governance, Hillel Community Day School, North Miami Beach, Florida (2011 through 2014)
· Young President's Club, Mt. Sinai Hospital
· Board of Directors, Greater Miami Jewish Federation, 2005-2010
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Bankruptcy; Litigation - Real Estate, 2013-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2012
- Corporate Counsel (Business Edition), "Top Attorneys in Business Litigation," 2008-2011
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, one of "South Florida's Top Lawyers," 2005-2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, one of "South Florida's Up & Comers," 2002
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented numerous financial institutions, insurance companies and other lenders in prosecuting multi-million dollar mortgage foreclosure actions involving multi-unit residential apartment complexes, hotels, office and warehouse parks, shopping centers, office buildings and other commercial properties.
· Settled a $14 million dollar class action lawsuit brought by a shopping center borrower against a company and 27 related partnerships, affiliates and individuals. The borrower has dismissed all claims against the lender and its affiliates and has turned over to the lender all funds held by the court-appointed Receiver. The class action lawsuit included five appeals and petitions for writ of certiorari and discretionary review to the Florida Supreme Court.
· Pursued on behalf of institutional and lender clients workouts, reorganizations and actions on guarantees and related remedies.
· Represented numerous clients involved in landlord and tenant litigation, including those clients involved in lease disputes, eviction actions, tenant improvement issues, subordination and attornment agreement matters, landlords' and tenants' rights in bankruptcy proceedings, exclusive use and parking set-aside clauses and other related litigation.
· Handled various matters involving construction litigation, developer related litigation, receiverships, probate land estate litigation, trademarks, copyrights and appeals.