Jeff Verbin brings more than 30 years of legal experience to his clients in the financial services, real estate and sports and entertainment industries. He has represented investor and new ownership groups in sports facility and hotel acquisitions, and assisted national restaurant franchisors in multi-state financing transactions.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate and business law
· Real estate
· Commercial and consumer lending and workouts
· Financial services
· Financial institution regulation
· Sports and entertainment
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board of Directors, Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
· Board of Directors, Anti-Defamation League
· Board of Directors, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
· Chairman, Arizona State Bar, Business Law Section, 1988-1989
- Chairman, Mortgage Broker/Banker Rules Committee
- Member, Opinion Letters Committee
· Founding Member, Board of Directors, Arizona Equal Justice Foundation
· Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Committees on Negotiated Acquisitions, Commercial Financial Services, Consumer Financial Services, Uniform Commercial Code, Banking Law
- Member, Real Estate Section
· Member, Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Council of 100
· Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law; Equipment Finance Law; Financial Services Regulation Law, 1995-2014
- Recipient, Best Lawyers "Phoenix Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year" Award, 2012
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- "Top 50 Attorneys in Arizona," 2012-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2011
· Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal, "Power Players," Phoenix's Top 50 Influential Business Leaders, 2006
· Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal, "Who's Who in Law," 2006
· Recipient, The Phoenix Business Journal "Best of the Bar Award," Banking, 2005
· Listed, The Phoenix Business Journal "Role - Model CEO," October 2002
· American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers (Fellow)
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented the new ownership group in connection with their acquisition of the Minnesota Vikings.
· Represented investor groups in connection with acquisitions of professional sports franchises.
· Represented professional athletes and coaches in various business matters.
· Represented a title company in acquisitions of other title/escrow companies.
· Represented national restaurant franchisors/franchisees in multi-state financing transactions.
· Represented clients in connection with hotel acquisitions.
· Represented clients in regulated industries in connection with cease and desist actions initiated by the Attorney General's Office and regulatory authorities.
· Represented financial institutions in starting de novo operations or acquiring other financial institutions.
· Represented clients in connection with large loan workouts and restructurings.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Moderator, "Buy Notes, Not Bonds - Note Buying & Selling," Turnaround Management Association, Arizona Chapter, September 2011
· Author, "Looking Beyond the Interest Rate: A Guide to Obtaining the Best Loan," Arizona Business Gazette, June 26, 1997