Jeff Hardin represents communications clients, primarily cable television, telephone and wireless companies, and data center clients in mergers, business acquisitions/divestitures, auctions, restructurings, like-kind exchanges, strategic joint ventures, financings and other material contractual arrangements.
· Jeff has negotiated numerous purchase and sale agreements, asset exchange agreements, tower use agreements and other operating agreements for Time Warner Cable and has handled related legal matters involving cable and data center due diligence, transition services, tower and fiber use, and transfers of franchises, contracts and leases.
· Jeff recently acted as lead counsel to M/C Partners and Columbia Capital in the $267,500,000 sale of cable systems by their affiliate, Baja Broadband LLC, to a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.
· Jeff has acted as lead transaction counsel in the purchase and sale of numerous local telephone exchange businesses involving over 2 million access lines.
· Jeff handled the sale of a cellular systems and licenses to AT&T and Verizon Wireless, and negotiated related spectrum management leases with those wireless carriers.
· Jeff is lead counsel for the sale of the telecommunications division of Ketchikan Public Utilities, a municipal utility based in Alaska.
· He also acted for a private investor in the formation, acquisition and financing of an outdoor advertising business with signs located in three states and the District of Columbia, and serves as the outside general counsel for the resulting portfolio of billboard companies.
· Jeff prepared the fiber-to-the-home telecommunications services agreements, joint venture agreements, and related real property instruments for real estate and in several cases advised the developer's captive telecom services provider in franchise and operational matters.
Before Edwards Wildman
Jeff joined the Firm as a lateral partner as a result of the Firm's 2011 merger with Fleischman and Harding LLP (f/k/a Fleischman & Walsh), a D.C.-based communications law firm where Jeff worked as a senior corporate partner since 1987. Prior to Fleischman and Harding, Jeff worked for eight years with an international law firm in its Houston, London and D.C. offices.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jeff, his wife and their two sons are avid waterskiers and snowskiers. Jeff is a member of the Lake Holly Waterski Club in Sparta, VA, and is a Virginia Councilman to the Eastern Region of the American Water Ski Association.
Wireless & Satellite
Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
District of Columbia Bar Association