Jenifer A. Belt joined the firm in 1995 and practices in the health law practice group.
Jeni's practice includes both transactional and litigation matters for a range of health care providers, including health systems, hospitals, long term care providers, physician groups, physicians, and health care networks. She also regularly counsels general corporate entities regarding their health law concerns, such as health care reform implications for employers, employee medical records, employer health plan questions, and other areas. Her principal areas of practice include regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, reimbursement, hospital-physician relations, HIPAA, managed care, and licensure and certification. She has written articles and lectured on various health law topics, including the Affordable Care Act and its Implications for Health Care Providers and Employers, HIPAA, the Medicare Modernization Act, compliance programs, fraud and abuse, and risk management.
· Best Lawyers in America, 2006 - 2014
· Ohio Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005
· Order of the Heel Award
· Toledo Business Journal, "Who's Who in Toledo Area Law"
· 20 Under 40 Leadership Award
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Toledo Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· American Health Lawyers Association
· Toledo Bar Association Board of Trustees
· Dental Center of Northwest Ohio Board
· Toledo Firefighters Health Plan Board
· Independent Advocates Board
· Old West End Association Board
· University of Toledo College of Law Alumni Association, past President
· Health Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association, past Chair