Ms. Sullivan represents cities, towns, states, school districts, public housing authorities, public authorities, 501(c)(3) organizations, underwriters and energy companies in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds and notes for various governmental and public purposes.
· Served as bond counsel to many New England cities, towns, public housing authorities and school districts in all aspects of authorizing and issuing tax-exempt bonds and notes, including loans through the Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement Trust.
· Advised the Cities of Boston and Springfield, Massachusetts in connection with issuance of Qualified School Construction Bonds.
· Served as bond counsel to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with numerous general and special obligation bond and note issues, including both variable and fixed rate obligations and advised with respect to swap transactions.
· Assisted in drafting legislation and developing the core documentation for innovative transportation infrastructure financing programs in the states of Massachusetts and Vermont.
· Performed the role of disclosure counsel for the Commonwealth, the Massachusetts Port Authority, the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts School Building Authority, including due diligence, preparation of securities offering documents and continuing disclosure responsibilities.
· Acted as counsel to the underwriters on bond transactions for the Massachusetts State College Building Authority, the City of Manchester, New Hampshire in connection with refinancing of its Manchester-Boston Regional Airport and for the University of Vermont's commercial paper program.
· Served as bond counsel to utility and energy companies in financing new projects and refinancing existing debt.
· Represented issuers and various 501(1)(c)(3) borrowers in MassDevelopment, Vermont Economic Development Authority, New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank and Business Finance Authority of the State of New Hampshire conduit financings, including health care institutions, social service providers, continuing care retirement facilities, affordable housing developers and secondary and higher educational institutions.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
· "Fitch Ratings Recalibration of States and State-related Credits," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, April 2010.
News & Publications
December 9, 2011, Bond Team Advises Client in Bond Buyer 'Deal of the Year'
April 2010, Client Advisory - Fitch Ratings Recalibration of States and State-related Credits
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining the Firm, Jennifer served in state government as an analyst in the Massachusetts Executive Office for Administration and Finance and as legal counsel to the Massachusetts Senate Committee on Ways and Means. She was previously a member of the public finance practice group at Ropes & Gray LLP.
· National Association of Bond Lawyers