- Business Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
|University ||The Pennsylvania State University, B.A.|
|Law School||The Dickinson School of Law, Penn State, J.D.|
|Admitted||1996, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; 1998, Maryland and District of Columbia|
JENNIFER M. HORN is Senior Counsel in the Construction Group at Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC where she concentrates her practice in the areas of construction litigation and real estate. During her tenure, she has represented owners, architects, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors in all facets of the industry including contract drafting, review and negotiation, mechanic's liens, bonding, bid protests and bid withdrawals, and claim preparation issues such as inefficiencies, delays, acceleration, extra work, wrongful termination and changed conditions. Jennifer has represented both public and private entities in various forums including state and federal courts, administrative boards, mediation and arbitration.
Jennifer authored numerous articles relating to the construction industry such as "Does Your No Damages for Delay Clause Have Teeth?" and "The Changing Face of Women in Construction" for Construction Today magazine. She has also lectured for Lorman Education Services on construction claims prevention, bonds and mechanic's liens, and was the Keynote Speaker for the National Association of Women in Construction Region 1 Forum.
Jennifer serves as managing editor of the Firm's blog, Construction Law Signal which provides regular news on construction-related issues throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Additionally, she is a contributor to the Construction Today Blog.
In law school, Jennifer was the editor-in-chief of the Dickinson Environmental Law Review, member of the Dickinson Appellate Moot Court Board, and member of the Order of the Barristers Honor Society.
· Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) - Member; Publicity Committee of the Construction Litigation Section
· Associated Builders and Contractors Keystone Chapter (ABC)
· Associated Builders and Contractors Baltimore Metro Chapter (ABC)
· American Bar Association (ABA) - Member; Forum on Construction Law
· Building Congress & Exchange (BC&E) - Member
· National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) - Member; Board of Directors; Past President of the Philadelphia Chapter
Awards & Recognition
· Jennifer was named a 2013 Super Lawyer by Law & Politics Magazine for her work in Construction Litigation. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
(Also at Baltimore, MD and Harrisburg, PA Office)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#551 in weekly profile views out of 15,557 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#52,259 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,616 total lawyers Overall|