- White Collar Defense & Investigations
|University ||University of Hawaii, B.A., cum laude, 1996|
|Law School||Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2000|
|Admitted||2000, Maryland; 2006, District of Columbia; Supreme Court of the United States|
|Born||Wahiawa, Hawaii, 1975|
Jennifer Peru Gary concentrates her practice in white collar criminal defense, government, and internal investigations. She has significant trial and grand jury experience. Ms. Peru Gary is also an experienced member of our e-discovery defense litigation teams that work on matters involving government initiated investigations.
Ms. Peru Gary represents both individuals and corporations in criminal prosecutions and grand jury investigations in areas including:
· antitrust crimes
· violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
· tax crimes
· mail and wire fraud
· money laundering
· healthcare fraud and abuse
· government contracts
· corporate internal investigations
· environmental crimes
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Ms. Peru Gary served as a federal prosecutor in the Criminal Enforcement Section of the U.S. Department of Justice Tax Division. During that time, she handled numerous jury trials involving individual and corporate tax fraud, money laundering, and conspiracy charges in various U.S. District Courts throughout the country. Ms. Peru Gary was recognized by the Attorney General for her trial work and awarded the Outstanding Attorney Award in 2003 and 2004.
· Member of a trial team that secured an acquittal after an 11-month trial for a former high-level Marsh insurance executive in a criminal antitrust prosecution brought by the New York State Attorney General.
· Representation of public companies in conducting FCPA risk assessments and FCPA due diligence on M&A and joint venture transactions.
· Representation of a high-profile non-profit organization in administrative investigations being conducted by the State Attorney General's Office and IRS.
· Representation of the Chairman/President/CEO of a publicly-traded shipping company in a federal criminal antitrust investigation.
· Representation of an individual in an IRS civil investigation pertaining to alleged underreporting and filing of false returns with the IRS.
· Representation of a foundry coke manufacturer in connection with the investigation and prosecution for violations of the Clear Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and related offenses.
· Representation of a defendant corporation in an alleged breach of contract suit resulting in a settlement.
· Representation of a client in connection with a grand jury investigation of a kickback scheme in a federal health care program.
· Representation of an individual in response to a Maryland state grand jury subpoena.
· Representation of an individual in a federal grand jury investigation involving alleged mortgage fraud, conspiracy to defraud, and wire fraud.
· Representation of a pharmaceutical company sales representatives in Department of Justice investigations involving alleged off-label promotion.
· Internal investigation of a chemical corporation involving violations of RCRA and non-compliance with various EPA and state environmental regulations.
· Criminal environmental maritime investigation of a vessel involving alleged violations of the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships (APPS).
American Bar Association
|Profile Visibility |
|#48 in weekly profile views out of 7,854 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#11,120 in weekly profile views out of 1,482,292 total lawyers Overall|