- Corporate Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Healthcare Law
- Insurance and Tort Liability
- Medico-Legal Defence
- Aboriginal Law
- Health Advocacy
- Healthcare Risk Management
|University ||University of Alberta, B.A., Hons. in International Political Science, 1997|
|Law School||Norman Paterson School of International Affairs and University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, M.A., Hons. in International Affairs/LLB, joint international program at, 2000/2001|
Jennifer Radford practises general civil litigation, with an emphasis on health law, insurance and tort law, and Aboriginal law. She is a partner in the Ottawa Civil Litigation Group at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP.
She regularly advises healthcare institutions on various legal issues, and acts on their behalf in relation to medical malpractice suits, disruptive physicians, coroner's inquests, mental health issues, and consent and capacity issues.
Jennifer acts on behalf of a number of insurers and individuals regarding personal injury, general liability and professional negligence claims.
Jennifer's practice includes representing First Nations, Métis and Inuit clients in rights, title and Treaty matters.
Jennifer regularly advises clients on all aspects of Canada 's export control laws and regulations, as well as all aspects of Canada 's economic sanctions legal regime. Jennifer has represented clients before various Courts and Tribunals at both the trial and appellant level.
Publication & Presentation
· Speaker, "The Do's and Don'ts of Using Private Investigators for Surveillance."
· Speaker, "Update on Law of Consent - End of Life Decision-Making."
· Speaker, "Impact Benefit Agreements - Taking Control with Insurance."
· Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
· Member, The Advocates' Society
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Carleton County Law Association
· Member, American Bar Association, Export Controls & Economic Sanctions Committee
· Volunteer, Law Help Ontario
· Volunteer, Reach Canada
· Executive Campaign Coordinator for Ottawa Office, United Way
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Canada Introduces Economic Sanctions for South Sudan
Vincent DeRose,Jennifer Radford, December 5, 2014
In response to the continuing conflict in South Sudan, including allegations of crimes against humanity, the Government of Canada has implemented targeted sanctions against particular individuals believed responsible for the violence. These new sanctions are effective as of October 23, 2014.
Update On Canadian Economic Sanctions Against Russia And Ukraine
Vincent DeRose,Jennifer Radford, August 12, 2014
On August 6, 2014, the Canadian Government announced additional economic sanctions and travel bans against 19 Russian and Ukrainian individuals, and economic sanctions against 22 Russian and Ukrainian groups and economic entities. The sanctions were accompanied by a Statement by the Prime Minister...
|Profile Visibility |
|#156 in weekly profile views out of 3,309 lawyers in Ottawa, Ontario|
|#111,830 in weekly profile views out of 1,616,736 total lawyers Overall|