- Commercial Litigation
- Toxic Tort
|University ||University of Florida, B.A., cum laude, 2004|
|Law School||Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007|
|Admitted||2007, New Jersey; 2008, New York; U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
New Jersey State Bar Association
|Born||Miami Beach, Florida, September 26, 1982|
Jennifer S. Schiefelbein is Counsel in the litigation department of the firm's New Jersey office. She concentrates her practice in complex civil litigation, including mass torts, product liability, and commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts. Ms. Schiefelbein has defended and counseled various high profile clients including a large metropolitan municipality, leading domestic and international construction management companies, foreign and domestic financial institutions, an international chemical company, a leading business telecommunications company, and a multi-national consumer goods manufacturer.
Ms. Schiefelbein's experience extends across all stages of litigation from the investigatory and pleading stages through discovery to trial. She has extensive experience managing discovery in large-scale litigations and is often relied upon for her case management and planning skills.
Ms. Schiefelbein has successfully handled a number of pro bono guardianship matters in the Superior Court of New Jersey and serves as a mentor to urban youth through the NJ LEEP program.
• Defended major metropolitan municipality and 80+ construction companies in mass tort litigation arising from 9/11 terrorist attacks, including primary responsibility for client relationship with multi-national construction company that served as Construction Manager at the WTC Site.
• Defended property owner and construction manager in toxic tort action alleging inadequacies in environmental, safety and health practices, including primary responsibility for working with experts to develop exposure and medical defenses.
• Defended international chemical company in product liability and toxic tort litigation alleging dry-cleaning industry exposures.
• Advised telecommunications company and multi-national consumer goods manufacturer on potential product liability claims.
• Defended financial institutions in government investigations and regulatory matters.
• Defended foreign bank in politically-charged Anti-Terrorism Act case.
• Counseled insurer on viability of cost recovery and contribution action for asbestos remediation under CERCLA.
Before Edwards Wildman
Ms. Schiefelbein worked as an associate in the New Jersey office of an international, AmLaw 100 firm after graduating from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York in 2007. While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Schiefelbein served as Acquisitions Editor of the Cardozo Public Law, Policy, and Ethics Journal and worked as a student attorney in the Bet Tzedek Legal Services Clinic, representing individuals with limited financial resources in government benefit administrative proceedings.
New Jersey State Bar Association
(Also at Morristown, New Jersey Office)
|Profile Visibility |
|#10,831 in weekly profile views out of 88,526 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#149,597 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|