Jeremiah Wagner is a partner in the Capital Markets Group of Cadwalader's London office. He has extensive experience across a range of structured finance, securitisation and derivative transactions and asset classes, including credit card receivables, residential and commercial mortgages, auto loans and leases, dealer Floorplan loans, insurance products, trade receivables and synthetic exposures.
Jeremiah represents clients (issuers, underwriters and arrangers) in international capital markets transactions, and focuses on advising on securitisations and other complex structured U.S.-registered public offerings, cross-border offerings, commercial paper programmes and private placements. He has also been involved in a number of tender offers for asset-backed securities in the United States and Europe.
In addition, he advises clients on a number of regulatory matters affecting the banking and securitisations industries. Jeremiah is frequently involved with various association responses to regulatory matters, including capital requirements, accounting, rating agencies, liquidity requirements and other similar matters. He also represents financial institutions and companies in asset-based lending transactions and other similar financings. His experience in this area targets inventory and receivables financing across a number of jurisdictions, including the United States and Europe.
Jeremiah has been recognised as a leading individual in securitisation, derivatives and structured products by Legal 500, Chambers and Partners and IFLR 1000. Market sources note that he is “thorough in his analysis' (Legal 500 2013) and that he has gained a lot of global experience and regulatory knowledge” and that he is exceptionally detail-oriented. (Chambers UK 2014). Additionally, sources remarked that he thinks outside the box, provides different possible options and different avenues to explore and is unbelievably hard-working and clever (Chambers UK 2013) and that he is innovative and creative and a valuable asset, and remains calm and focused under pressure.” (Legal 500 2011).
He received his J.D. from University of Minnesota Law School, where he was outside article editor of The Journal of Law & Inequality, an M.B.A. from University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, and a B.A. from University of Minnesota. Jeremiah is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois.
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Launches Health Care Fraud Strike Force
Jun 24, 2015
• DOJ Stands Firm on Discovery Policy After Stevens Debacle
May 09, 2012
• Cadwalader Recognized by The Legal 500 US 2015 Among Nation's Top Firms
Jun 03, 2015
Clients & Friends Memos
• The Obama Administration's Personal Data Notification & Protection Act: An Analysis
Feb 12, 2015
• NACUA's 2015 Annual Conference
Jun 28, 2015
• Will Independent Directors Be on the Hook for Failure of Internal Controls in FCPA Cases?
Jul 15, 2013
• Quorum: February 2015 V3N1
Feb 11, 2015
SEC Enforcement Advisor
• SEC Announces Largest Ever Whistleblower Award, Awards $30 Million to Foreign Whistleblower
Oct 01, 2014
White Collar Defense and Investigations Advisor
• AML Guidance Issued for Banks Seeking to Service Marijuana-Related Businesses
Feb 27, 2014
• Kenneth Wainstein on FOX Business: Discusses the Independent Investigation at UNC-Chapel Hill
Oct 24, 2014