Jeremy serves as Co-chair of the firm's Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice. Jeremy regularly represents technology-based companies principally in the software, mobile applications, clean energy, medical device and life science fields. He represents both issuers and underwriters in a wide variety of securities transactions, including IPOs, secondary offerings, and private placements, and represents venture capital firms, hedge funds and their portfolio companies in venture capital and PIPE financings. He also has deep expertise in representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of public and private companies.
Jeremy routinely assists his clients in growing their businesses and obtaining financing, guiding companies from initial organization through angel and venture capital financings, initial public offerings, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jeremy brings a unique combination of practical legal and business experience to his clients, having served as general counsel and a partner at Sterling Stamos Capital Management, LP, an investment management company managing hedge funds and a private equity fund, and as a member of the senior management team of Medibuy.com, Inc., a Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and Oak venture-backed B2B software company focused on the health care services industry.
Jeremy is a member of the board of directors of REBOOT! National Veterans Transition Service, Inc. (NVTSI). NVTSI is a San Diego-based not-for-profit) organization dedicated to assisting veterans in adjusting to civilian life and securing meaningful employment.
Recognitions & Awards
· San Diego Super Lawyers: Securities & Corporate Finance (2010 - 2013)
· San Diego Daily Transcript: "Top Attorneys" Corporate Transactional (2008 - 2010, 2012 - 2013)
· Best Lawyers in America: Venture Capital Law (2013 - 2014)
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
· Phi Beta Kappa
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, San Diego Bar Association Business & Corporate Law Section
· Board member, San Diego Venture Group
· Board of directors, REBOOT! National Veterans Transition Service, Inc.
· President, San Diego Venture Group (2003)
(Also at San Francisco Office)