Jerry Fellows prepares and implements intellectual property protection and enforcement strategies that help clients achieve their business goals. His practice includes acquiring and enforcing United States and foreign patent rights, particularly for alternative energy innovations, sustainable technologies, software, e-commerce, Internet, business methods, financial instruments, seismic detection systems, and electrical, mechanical, biomedical and electromechanical technologies. He also helps clients acquire and enforce United States and foreign trademark rights, copyrights and trade secrets, negotiates intellectual property licenses and technology transfers, prepares invalidity and non-infringement opinions, and performs due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining the firm, Jerry was Managing Partner of his prior firm's largest office.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Co-Chair, Arizona Technology Council's Arizona Energy Consortium, Technology and Innovation Committee
· Active Member, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Innovation Council
· Milwaukee Section of the Society of Automotive Engineers
- Director, 1992-2002
- Chair, 1996-1997, 1999-2002
· Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law, Marquette University Law School, 1993-1998
· Intellectual Property Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Director, 1993-1998
- Chair, 1994-1995
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Patent; Patent Law, 2005-2014
· Listed, Managing IP Magazine's World IP Handbook and Survey, "IP Stars," 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2013
· Listed, Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 2011-2012
· Listed, Marquis Who's Who in America, 2007-2011
· Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2007-2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represent one of the largest utilities in the world in obtaining patents and licensing technologies into and out of the company.
· Provide proactive and strategic guidance to several large utilities to help them avoid patent litigation related to smart grid infrastructures, online billing and other electronic systems.
· Wide-ranging lead patent counsel experience for clients ranging in size from start-up to Fortune 100 companies.
· Led intellectual property related merger and acquisitions due diligence and negotiations for transactions valued at up to $1 billion.
· Obtained patent coverage that a client's competitor asserted in court "destroyed" its business.°
· Broad experience representing clients regarding the Ronald A. Katz Technology Licensing, L.P. ("RAKTL") patent portfolio and licensing program.
· Led the formation of the first consortium worldwide to negotiate with RAKTL, a patent owner reportedly approaching $1 billion in royalty revenue. Subsequently, he formed and led negotiations for financial services consortia and a utility consortium.°
· Led negotiations for the first Katz-focused multi-industry consortium to achieve significant settlement cost reductions.
° The above representations were handled by Mr. Fellows priors to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.