Jessica is experienced in representing both companies and executives regarding executive compensation issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and private equity financing.
Jessica drafts and negotiates the compensation and equity arrangements for senior level executives. She assists companies in the drafting and structuring of deferred compensation arrangements, performance bonus plans, and equity compensation plans to comply with employment, corporate, tax, employee benefits, and securities laws.
Jessica is also experienced in representing employers through all phases of litigation before federal and state courts as well as before administrative agencies and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority in claims for violation of state and federal antidiscrimination and wage laws, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
She regularly advises employers regarding employment practices and policies.
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2015 Guide, (05.19.2015)
• Jessica W. Catlow Elevated to Member of Mintz Levin, (05.19.2015)
• Mintz Levin Elevates Seven Attorneys to Members of the Firm, (05.05.2015)
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.03.2014)
• Mintz Levin Represents Time Inc. in Acquisition of Cozi Inc., (06.19.2014)
• Co-author, Section 409A Document Correction Relief: Take the Final Bite of the Apple before December 31st, Employee Benefits Alert (10.23.2012)
• Co-author, Pay for the Chief: The Shareholders Speak Out, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (04.24.2012)
• Co-author, Unpaid Intern: The Unpaid Employee?, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (02.09.2012)
• Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment (06.20.2011)
• Co-author, Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment (06.20.2011)
• Co-author, Social Media: HR Friend or Foe?, Law360 (05.31.2011)
• Co-author, The Thorny Problem of BlackBerrys, Law360 (04.07.2011)
• Co-author, Facebook Status Update: Protected Activity, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (11.17.2010)
• Co-author, Section 409A Compliance: A Second Bite at the Apple Ends December 31st, Employee Benefits Alert (11.09.2010)
• Author, Second Circuit's Novartis Ruling is a Wake-Up Call for Pharma Companies and Others Requiring Overtime Pay for Sales Reps under the FLSA, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (07.13.2010)
• Speaker, A Smoother Road to Growth: How to Avoid the Top Ten Most Common Mistakes Made by Start-ups, A Smoother Road to Growth: How to Avoid the Top Ten Most Common Mistakes Made by Start-Ups, Springboard Enterprises, New York, NY (04.04.2012)
Recognitions & Awards
•Chambers USA: New York (Associate to Watch) - Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2015)
•New York Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Employee Benefits (2014)