- Executive Compensation
- Training & Employment Practices
- Risk Mitigation
- Transactions & Due Diligence
- Employment Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Life Sciences
- Labor & Benefits
- Private Equity
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Defense of Employment Discrimination & Harassment Claims
- Communications & Media
- Financial Services
|Contact Info||Telephone: 212.692.6843|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., email@example.com)
|University ||New York University, B.A., 1995|
|Law School||Rutgers University, J.D., 2003|
|Admitted||2004, New York and New Jersey; United States District Court for the District of New Jersey; United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York; United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Professional & Community Involvement
•Secretary, Board of Community Access, Inc.
•Member, Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
Jessica is experienced in representing both companies and executives regarding executive compensation issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and private equity financing.
Jessica drafts and negotiates the compensation and equity arrangements for senior level executives. She assists companies in the drafting and structuring of deferred compensation arrangements, performance bonus plans, and equity compensation plans to comply with employment, corporate, tax, employee benefits, and securities laws.
Jessica is also experienced in representing employers through all phases of litigation before federal and state courts as well as before administrative agencies and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority in claims for violation of state and federal antidiscrimination and wage laws, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
She regularly advises employers regarding employment practices and policies.
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 10.03.2014 )
• Mintz Levin Represents Time Inc. in Acquisition of Cozi Inc., ( 06.19.2014 )
Awards & Recognitions
•New York Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Employee Benefits (2014)
• Co-author, Section 409A Document Correction Relief: Take the Final Bite of the Apple before December 31st, Employee Benefits Alert ( 10.23.2012 )
• Co-author, Pay for the Chief: The Shareholders Speak Out, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert ( 04.24.2012 )
• Co-author, Unpaid Intern: The Unpaid Employee?, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert ( 02.09.2012 )
• Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment ( 06.20.2011 )
• Co-author, Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment ( 06.20.2011 )
• Co-author, Social Media: HR Friend or Foe?, Law360 ( 05.31.2011 )
• Co-author, The Thorny Problem of BlackBerrys, Law360 ( 04.07.2011 )
• Co-author, Facebook Status Update: Protected Activity, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert ( 11.17.2010 )
• Co-author, Section 409A Compliance: A Second Bite at the Apple Ends December 31st, Employee Benefits Alert ( 11.09.2010 )
• Author, Second Circuit's Novartis Ruling is a Wake-Up Call for Pharma Companies and Others Requiring Overtime Pay for Sales Reps under the FLSA, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert ( 07.13.2010 )
• Employers Must Provide Paid Leave to New Jersey Employees Effective July 1, 2009, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert ( 06.23.2009 )
• Speaker, A Smoother Road to Growth: How to Avoid the Top Ten Most Common Mistakes Made by Start-ups, A Smoother Road to Growth: How to Avoid the Top Ten Most Common Mistakes Made by Start-Ups, Springboard Enterprises, New York, NY (04.04.2012)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Juries and the EEOC Take Aim at Pregnancy Discrimination
Jessica W. Catlow, December 8, 2014
Back in the summer, we wrote about the Equal Opportunity Commission’s release of its updated enforcement guidance on pregnancy discrimination claims under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act. Under the PDA, discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions are a form of sex...
Who Hurts More? Another Battle in the Non-Compete Wars
Jessica W. Catlow, October 8, 2014
In Wells et al v. Daugherty Systems Inc., eight former DSI employees, who left to start a consulting firm named Aspirent, asked the court to prevent DSI from attempting to enforce their non-compete agreements. They did so in part because DSI was telling potential Aspirent clients that DSI was going...
A Lesson on the ADA: Engaging in Good Faith in the Interactive Process is Essential
Jessica W. Catlow, August 13, 2014
Understanding the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar state and local laws is easy: employers cannot discriminate against individuals with disabilities. However, navigating the reasonable accommodation requirements under these laws is no easy task for employers, especially...
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,468 in weekly profile views out of 96,212 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#34,065 in weekly profile views out of 1,616,736 total lawyers Overall|